Elementary Walk-A-Thon

Liesel and her gold medal, she finished her 100 laps just before we left.
Seth worked hard for his medal, however, the kindergarteners were on a smaller track.
Mitchell and Matthew with their gold medals.
Logan with his pizza dinner

Fun! Our elementary school has only one fund raiser a year (thank heaven!) The walk-a-thon. We missed it one year when Mitchell was in Kindergarten and I still haven't heard the end of it. The kids collect pledges, the PTA sponsors a silent auction and they sell pizza and hot dog dinners, popcorn and Krispie Kreme donuts. Every 25 laps the kids get a prize and this year, at 100 they got a gold medal. (We are the Panthers, thus the paw print.)

Anyway, we had a lot of fun, even if I did have to take an 11 day old baby. Logan only got lost twice and I only once considered calling in reinforcements to look for him.

Comments

  1. I love how everyone has their medal and Logan has his pizza!!!! That's awesome. I can't believe they did 100 laps. Holy Cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new little one! I'm so happy that he is out and ok! What a lucky boy! I hope you're doing well and having a blast with your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it took your husband a while to even call you baby a name!!! So typical of men. He is adorable and I'm glad he is here safe and sound. I'm totally game for pictures. Were you wanting more of the newborn type? If so, we need to get hopin'! I'm going out of town until Sunday night then I'm good. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for a fundraiser. Your kids are sooo cute! What good little walkers, 100 laps...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel any better, Britton wanders off pretty regularly too. Way to go kids on the laps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts