Easter





I love Easter! We have so much fun every year. This year, Mitchell asked me, "Mom, do you think that the Easter Bunny will leave me a Nintendo DS in my basket?" After I calmed down from my hysterical laughter, I reminded him that the Easter Bunny didn't come in a sleigh with eight tiny reindeer! Honestly!
We colored eggs on Saturday night and Jeremy laughed at me. He says that every year I think it is going to be so much fun! and every year I freak out as children drop hard boiled eggs from 2 feet off the counter into a cup of purple dye that stains EVERYTHING. Trying to manage all four of them handling their own eggs and keep their pajamas clean is enough to give me hypertension! So, when they went to bed, I skipped out of their rooms in glee. (I love bed time, but that's an entire blog unto itself.)
Anyway, the Easter Bunny DID come and he DID bring kites and pinwheels and sidewalk chalk and enough chocolate to kill a horse. Everyone was happy! Even Mitchell, with no Nintendo DS.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the blogger world. I always love to read blogs that make me laugh and yours has succeeded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun. I love you blog. I am going to have to add you to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary -- I can just hear you saying "Honestly"! It absolutely cracked me up! I had forgotten how quickly you could make me laugh! Miss you! Hopefully I'll be in Utah soon and we can visit! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about the egg stain, staining EVERYTHING. This year was our first year and I was a total rookie. Let's just say a pair of PJ is no longer a cute pair. Sacrificing the pajamas was worth it though, considering how much fun they had! Next year Dane will be naked with diaper when he staisn eggs. He is much easier to stain remove than clothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! After 6 weeks of bedrest, a new blog to spy on! I miss you guys and hope all is well. Thanks for the entertainment. Jessica Galke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your thoughts because it is as if you are sitting right by me saying them with your own little quorky personality! You are such a hoot! I agree 100% with you on the dying eggs? I also get so excited to do them and then wonder why I am doing it while doing it! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts