Samuel Jorgen Evans





Our sweet baby boy is finally here!! He arrived September 5, 2008 at 4:05 am. He was 5 lbs. 11 oz. and was 19 inches long. What a teeny guy! He has lots of blonde hair and looks a lot like Seth and Jeremy. We opted for Samuel as his first name, but I have yet to call him that. He is my little Jorgen or Jorgie, as Logan likes to call him.

Anyway, it was a stressful labor. Every time I had a contraction his heart rate would drop to about 60 (for all of you non-medical people... that is BAD.) They turned off the pitocin and then turned it back on, they broke my water, then infused IV fluid back up into my uterus to relieve the stress on the baby. After he was born, Dr. Housel found a knot in his umbilical cord and then he told me that the cord was wrapped around his neck. Holy cow. I am so glad that he is out and healthy!

So, my thanks goes to heaven and to my doctor, Darren Housel. We have baby, hear us roar!!!

Comments

  1. Hurray for baby Jorgie!!!!!!! So glad he is here and made it safe and sound. I was gonna text you yesterday (the 8th) to see if you were induced. I guess you were lucky enough to labor all night long!!!!! :) Looks like the kids love him to pieces!! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Thank goodness - He is beautiful and I'm so happy you both did OK. Can't wait to see more pictures. Enjoy the time off (work that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! he is a red head! love you, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! I want to come see you soon, and bring you dinner. When would be a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Mary and Jeremy! I am excited that Samuel or Jorgen, or whoever he will be known as, is healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love all the hair. He really is a little guy. We can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little tiny boy!! Congratulations to you and your family. Hope he gets to keep that white fuzzy hair for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is such a doll! It sounds like he had rough start, but is doing great now. We already miss you a lot at work. We need to do dinner again soon. He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary my friend!!! Congrats!!! He is the stinkin cutest thing ever!! I am so glad you both are healthy and he is finally here. Take care of yourself and let me know when it is time to do lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Mary. He is adorable. I'm so glad everyone is doing well. Sounds like it was "interesting" for a while. Have fun not working :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats.... i am so glad to hear he is hear safe.... babies are scary.... he looks super cute....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts