Mothers should stay home or get a wife....


OK, I realize that I haven't blogged in about a millenia! I resolve to do so soon.. you know, a real post with pictures and all. I just have to shout out to all moms who multi-task! I have been working more lately, and with work, five kids, a small Himalayan mountain of laundry, 4 different soccer teams to watch, two different soccer teams to coach and Enrichment leader responsibilities, I can hardly remember who I am or what I stand for!!


So, I am just going to ask for advice. How do you keep a house clean when you have five children? The children seem to shed toys, books, backpacks and candy wrappers. It is truly a sight to behold. I will have the house all straightened and then 3:30 hits and the bus drops off my litterbugs. They walk through the door and say, "HI, MOM!" drop everything (coats, books and backpacks) and head for the pantry. After descending on all snack food like locusts, they ask if they can play with friends. When I remind them they need to pick up their belongings, do their homework and practice the piano, the weeping and wailing is intense. Ahh, the humanity!!


If you wonder why I am not blogging, check out our local soccer field. I will be there. Don't count me out though, a real post is coming soon!!

Comments

  1. You are a crack up!!! it is rough and I don't even coach 2 teams. But here is my tip. Get hooks hung up where they come in the door. Then make them hang up their coats and backpacks AS SOON AS they walk in the door. And a bin/basket for their shoes. AS for as all the papers and toys and crap, I still don't have that under control. But the best thing I ever did for myself was hire someone to help me do the deep cleaning. You know, all the crap you just can't get to. Of course a chef would be nice, but that's just dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will always be Super Mom in my mind. I will always wonder how you keep from becoming Super Insane Mom. I only have two rugrats, no soccer events, and only a Wasatch laundry mountain, but I am definitely About to Lose it MOM! So heres' to Mary!!!! ; )

    I agree with the hired help idea, but as for now, until the money tree on the deck of our apartment blossoms here in the cold East Coast, that will have to wait for now...... or until my little ones can become "the help." Is two years old too young? Deep cleaning only of course! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've given up on having a clean house. I spend all day cleaning (when I have the time to clean) and then next time I turn around, it's a disaster again. If you come up with a solution, let me know. I have a friend that trades voice lessons for cleaning her house. I really need a talent I can trade for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all so wise. I also need a money tree for cleaning help. When we are all home together, my kids are truly wonderful cleaners. It's just getting us all in the house at the same time that is a problem. (See soccer schedule for further details!!)

    I have decided that things go much more smoothly when we have a list of things to get done and just tackle it on Saturday morning. And when there is a reward on its way. My kids cleaned up a disaster area of a house AND yard in 2 1/2 hours when there was a birthday party as the reward.

    I guess I just need to keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts