Bryce Canyon camping!

Well, we just got home yesterday, and we had a blast!! I had a wild idea back in April to reserve a camp site. I initially thought of going north, but Jeremy wanted to go south and it was a great idea!!

We left last week and stayed in Fairview on Thursday, getting my parent's travel trailer ready for the trip. On Friday we drove south, taking Highway 12, the Scenic Byway. HOLY COW!! There is a section of the road called "The Knife". It is two lane, and for about 40 feet, the road has a sheer drop off on both sides. I don't know how deep, but the summit was at 9600 ft. I almost peed my pants!!

We stayed at a campground in Cannonville, which is just 13 miles outside of Bryce. Beautiful country!! We took our bikes, the baby backpack and the baby jogger. The kids had so much fun. We roasted marshmallows, tootsie rolls and starbursts. Can life get any better? Jeremy said that it was the most relaxing vacation that he has ever had!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. That sounds so awesome!!!! How in the world did you find this place and how did you know how to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google, baby. Then we just had a map of Utah. It was easy to find and so much fun it should be a felony. And cheap! If you have access to a trailer, I highly recommend it. Next year, we are going to Monument Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! We're heading for vacation on Saturday. We're going to Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! We are going to Yellowstone in September. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts