I love it when the 1st Grade teachers assign me homework!


OK, I will be perfectly honest: I am not coping well with full-time work, full-time school, 5 kids, swim practice, Basketball practice for 3 boys, BBall games, and Young Women's. Last semester I was only part-time at work and then it seemed doable. But because of our wonderful economy, we were getting sent home from work early in November. In a brilliant move, I requested full time hours, thinking, "when they send me home all the time, I will still have part-time hours. It's fool-proof!"

Not so much.

So, after a full-on cry fest on Monday, I have decided that I am human, not robot. I have been re-prioritizing and Captain Wonderful (aka: Jeremy) has picked up 90% of the laundry and about 60% of the housework and more than half of shuttling the kids to their different practices.

Enter my latest homework assignment. Er, I mean Logan's assignment. He is six. First grade. He has a report due tomorrow on the Rhinoceros. He only needs to make a poster, with pictures of rhinos, a map of their habitat, what they eat and any other important information applicable. Easy! Logan can just bust that right out!!

So really, this is my homework assignment. Contrary to popular belief, I know what a rhino is, and where to find one.

Deep sigh.

So, here we go. Check out the attached photo of "Logan's" work.

Comments

  1. I don't know how you are managing everything on your plate. Some days I feel like I'm just barely making it...and I am not working or going to school. You are Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I think Britton's first grade teacher is a little more realistic.... We missed you at the family party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! I wish I lived closer so I could help lighten your load in some small way. Just know that I am here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aim! Darci, we missed you too. Mitchell had a basketball game at the same time and Jeremy had meetings. Next time you are in town, text me or FB us and we will get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely THE MOST AWESOME RHINO POSTER I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts