A Quick Note About My Fantastic Kids...

Another journal entry that I thought that I would share:

So, I thought that I would write a quick not about my fantastic kids.   (I should be doing homework, but oh well, you only live once!)

I was driving home from the hospital the other day and I was thinking about how TOTALLY AMAZING my kids are.  Occasionally people will say, "That's because they have great parents."

Um, no.  It's not.  I mean, we try really hard to love them and give them great opportunities, but they came exceptional!

Here is a brief run down of their fantastic-ness:

 Mitchell


 Liesel


 A bunch of crazy kids I don't know....


 Jorgie, doing his pouty kitty face that Liesel taught him


LOVE THE HAT, JORG!!

 Sethers..(I mean Seth.)
Logan

MITCHELL-We've established that he's fairly brilliant, academically speaking. He is getting so good at the piano, which isn't really a surprise either.   But now he is really learning the violin well also.  He is 1st chair for 2nd violin in his orchestra class.  He is the Deacon Quorum 1st counselor and he takes his calling seriously.  He never complains about Fast Offerings or other responsibilities.  He had a talk in church a few weeks ago and he researched the topic, wrote the talk and gave it without help.  He is a Rock Star!!  He has a great sense of humor as well and I can tell that he is well like at school too. (That always makes moms happy!)

LIESEL-She is just growing up!!  She is so fun and funny.  She is almost as tall as I am (no trouble there- I am only 5' 4") and her feet are bigger than mine!  She is definitely a character.  At the ward Christmas party she was Rudolph in the ward choir's performance.  She danced all over the stage and it brought the house down.  My friends and neighbors were laughing so hard.  She chats with everyone, she sings soprano in the choir with her dad and her violin skills are going to rival Mitchell's soon!  She loves art and her talent there out-stripped my own long ago.  Her teachers, church leaders and friends love her.  She is so much like my big sister Brenda, with a wicked sense of humor,  that I laugh out loud- A LOT.  It is so much fun to watch her become a young lady!

SETHERS- Our one serious child.  His humor, wit and intelligence can sometimes go unsung because he can be quiet.  But in some ways he is more mature than Mitchell and LieselHe is so organized.  And goal driven.  Very matter-of-factly he told me once while thumbing through my pathophysiology book, " Well, I guess I'm going to have to learn all of this.....since I'm going to be a surgeon." He was eight!!!  If he sees blood or surgical pictures while I am studying he will say, "I don't have a weak stomach.  It's okay.  I'm going to be a doctor."  LOVE HIM!!  He is my tiny, engineer-Jeremy-man.  If there is a challenge, he can take it!!

THE LOGAN-MEISTER- Holy cow! He's a lover, not a fighter!! Logan is smart like the others, and gets great grades-almost straight As.  But you might miss this because Logan is seriously NOT impressed with school or learning all of those things.  The teach him, he learns it, does his work and moves on to thinking about Transformers.  He tells me "Thank you" for something EVERY DAY.  Sometimes he just says, "Thank you for being a great mom."  He hugs me, plays with Jorgen and writes me love notes at least 5 times a week.
     Recently, he has been constructing Transformer costumes for himself and Jeremy  out of paper and tape.  They are awesome!!

AND JORGIE- How can a 3 year old be so particular and bossy and cute and smart all at the same time? He L-O-V-E-S trains. He yells about the "ding-dings" (the crossing bars that drop when the train comes) every time we drive across them.  He plays with his train tracks daily.  He arranges them, rearranges them and sometimes he will even put his train on them.
     He can build intricate guns, planes and ships out of any kind of block.  (All of the boys can.   This must be a trait carried on the Y chromosome, because Liesel and I are seriously lacking when it come to construction skills.)
     And he loves me.  He snuggles with me almost every morning while we watch "Little Einsteins" and I contemplate getting out of bed.
     He is a gift from heaven after losing Caleb.  And I recognize this-DAILY!  We all love him!

And lastly, our other family member, Coco.  Our sweet, loyal, loving golden retriever.  Chance trained her well.  She follows me around, runs with me and give me a sense of protection when Jeremy is gone. I love her.

Talking about my hunka-hunka-burnin'-love, Jeremy would take another 10 pages, but I will summarize:
  • He loves me
  • He often does whatever I want-just to make me happy.  (Currently he is finishing the flooring in half of the basement..:)
  • He has single-handedly  taken care of almost everything since I started school.
  • He is smart
  • He is kind
  • He is so funny and he makes me laugh every day.
  • I Love Him!!
OK, gotta go!!  My homework is really calling my name!!

Comments

  1. Good kids! We haven't seen you in forever! We're going to seal Caden in Utah. You guys will have to come! We don't know the date yet but we'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love to attend Caden's sealing. Children being sealed to parents is my favorite ordinance to attend. I feel like angels are standing by... :) He is such a cute baby. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are going to love reading the sweet things you wrote about them...if not now, then someday. You are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts