Why do kids think they can grow up?




Here are my boys, growing up!

Seth and Logan are headed out to a backpack overnight with the Boy Scouts. They left at 4:30.  Mitchell and Liesel were at waterpolo.

That left Jeremy and me with Jorgen.  One kid.  One kid?  What the crap? How did we get here?  I had 4 little kids that required constant supervision, peanut butter sandwiches, play dates, preschool, Play-Doh, barbies and endless viewing of Disney movies and Nick Jr.

It's crazy.  Don't get me wrong. I love the changes that life brings. I think that everyone should have teenagers and school age kids.  They are so much fun.  Fun,   funny and witty. Learning about the big, wide world and making moral judgments about the world around them.

I teach the teenagers at church.  It has been wonderful teaching the 13 year old kids Sunday School.  I have Seth in my class this year. I like to watch the kids sort out what they believe to be true.  I like to listen to them question what they have been taught. I like to give answers to their questions and watch them respond.  Seth is amazing. The kids in my class are smart and great.
Hi
Anyhoo, just a few of my ramblings. I put a bunch of this on Facebook, but who knows how accessible to my progeny that will be in 200 years?  Ok..  Bye til later!

Comments

Popular Posts