BIG DUMP OF MISSIONARY MONDAY EMAILS AND PHOTOS

Seriously??  Where does the time go?  I thought I had a few emails to post and I pretty much have a month's worth of emails and photos.  I am going to throw in a couple of the emails that I sent him as well. Kind of adds a framework for what is happening at home versus him out on the mission.  This blog is for my entertainment, as well as yours, but it is also a history of sorts.  So here we go!!

From me to Mitchell:

Memorial Day, May 28, 2018


Hello my monkey!


How are you? I've been wondering about you and your new trio. Tell me about your new companions! 


Not much has been happening on the home front. Last week was the last week of school. It is always so nice to get the kids out of kid jail. You know by the last week people, teachers and students are just calling it in.


Anyway, Seth and the 9th graders went to Lagoon on Thursday. Then he didn't have to go to school on Friday. They all got a yearbook and by Friday afternoon they were free.


Let's see... Thursday was piano lessons and pack meeting. It was the meeting that was outside on the west lawn at the church. Pat and Steve set up a car course and the boys raced each other. They stood in a cardboard box that had been modified to look like a car. Then they ran to each station on the "track"... Stopped and got their windshields washed (put on safety glasses, had them sprayed with water and wiped with a towel). Then they did a pit stop for fuel (a Capri sun). Lastly they needed new tires (stopped, took off their shoes, then replaced them). There were 2 identical tracks and so the teams were racing each other. It was fun. 



So, it's Memorial day weekend, so I am in Fairview with Liesel. Liesel came down on Friday but I had to work friday and Saturday. So I came down early Sunday morning. Dad and the boys stayed home. I think they are going to take the 4 wheeler somewhere and ride it today. 


We put flowers on Caleb's grave and then we visited Grandma and aunt Judy's graves. (that are still dead it would seem. No signs of resurrection) 


I'm trying to think of what else I've done this week.. Gone to the gym with Melinda. Crocheted little owls for Nicolette's young women. 


Oh, Mason had his 6th birthday party here in Fairview. It was sponge Bob. He was so cute. He got spray guns. #happiestkidalive



Oh! I bought a new checker board. Look at the picture below. Jorgie beat dad with some help from Seth. 


And Seth, he did a TED talk for school on "How to take the L" in other words, how to take a loss or face failure. I recorded it for you (we made him do it for family home evening). But it's too big of a file to send over email. I might post it on my youtube channel. 



Nike, Dillon, and Charles are getting big. They all have their eyes open and they are ready for kitten food. A few more weeks and they will go to their new homes. 


Well, grandma and grandpa, Melinda and Brenda and Kim, and Co. say 👋 hello! Can't wait to chat with you! I love you! 


XOXO 


mom

Pictures 
1.Mason in his Sponge Bob crown, opening presents 

2. Melinda on her birthday with her monogrammed throw blanket from Lisa. 


3. The new checkers game





Mitchell emailed back the next day:

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

OH MY GOODNESS WHERE DID ALL MY EMAIL TIME GO!!!!!!

So basically I don't have much time to sen all of this sooooooooooooooooo quick Highlight Reel!!!!!

Transfers happened. I have Elder Medel who is a dropped AP and Elder Sanguineti who is from chili and is literally the funniest person I have met and he only arrived about a week ago so yeah thats fun. Some of the things he has said so far are...
"Look I am American. S'up. Near the BOONS. Goofy" "I am not understanding why all american missionaries are not fat" and my favorite "CARACOL*and then he will make his hand into a snail*"

I love them both.

I am literally having a blast. Imagine three of me but one of them has a transfer left and the other is from Chili. It. Is. AWESOME. So yeah. Also funny side note when we counseled about what we should do better Elder said "Elder Ebans (lol it makes me laugh every time) why do you bike so fast? I cannot keep up" And to those of you who wonder what kind of work gets done when there is three of me? Well it all gets done so don't y'all worry. 

I love you all crazy much and I hope that you are all doing great
Elder Ebans

Here are the pics from that week:




Fast forward to Missionary Monday, June 4th.  Here is my email to Mitchell:

We finished the Book of Mormon!

Hello Mono!

This week has gone by really fast. We had Memorial day and then I came home and went right to work. 

The kids have been great and we have mostly kept the house clean. It's weird having you gone. The other night Liesel was at Carlee's and Jorgen went to sleep at Gavin's and Seth and Logan were downstairs. It was quiet as a church. 

Well, the kitties are getting big and they have broken out kitten prison. They are all over the garage and driving dad nuts. 😂😂😂. I'll add pictures. 

Liesel went and bought a hammock and went "hammock-ing" with some friends. I guess that's a thing. She went with some kids from German class as Carlee was going to the pride parade. Liesel wasn't interested in that. 

Melinda and I rode the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride on Saturday. I didnt die, so that was good. We had fun. Keylee rode with us. And Nicolette, her mom, Alice Ann, and Kim Love, nic's sister in law. 

And, we finished the Book of Mormon tonight! We are so excited and proud of ourselves!

Seth has moved your bed upstairs to his room and Ola will get his bed, in your room. We are packing up your stuff so you can decide what to do with it when you get home. 

Well, I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow! I love your emails. 

Please see my email about unsubscribing from that TV thing. I couldn't get into your email. Let me know if you need anything and we will send it.

We love you so much and we are so proud of you. 😘 😘 😘 

Xoxoxo

Mom






Mitchell emailed back the same day.

Last Time I killed a snake, this time I held one.

So yeah it's been a super interesting week here in the OKC. And I mean It all blurs together so much so I am going to try to remember as best that I can.

MONDAY: It was memorial day and we had a blast. We went to bricktopolis which is like a whole part of OKC that is made out of brick... who would have guessed. We spent the day mini-golfing and just walking around brickville. Also President Mansell had all the OKC missionaries go over to his house for a big ol' BBQ. It was super fun to eat food with President and we just had a blast.

TUESDAY: Ummmmmmmmmmmm... a thing happened and it was cool. I don't really remember so yeah.

WEDNESDAY: I went on an exchange to the one, the only, BOONIEVILLE! That's right. I went back to the boons for a day and man oh man does it never not surprise me. I got to see the progress of one of the people I met the last time I went and last I heard he was getting baptized last Saturday! (I don't know if he did... I should probably check). Also we taught a lesson to a guy who has read ANTI GALORE ( Anti: literature that bashes the LDS faith) and we absolutely rocked it. He has decided to read the whole book of mormon now that that was super cool.

THURSDAY: We had district council and after that I went on an exchange with Elder Davis (He replaced Elder Vogt 😢 BUT he is super cool) and we talked to some lady named Ikiesha. If you think that she is from the hood.... then you're right. Elder Spaghetti (Elder Sanguineti lol) was with me and He somehow still followed everything she was saying. She was also throwing some dangerous looks at Elder Davis and so we just set a lesson and sent her on her way. But honestly she was a sweetheart and just was super fun to talk about the gospel with.

FRIDAY: We biked really far. And talked to people. And taught lessons... cool

SATURDAY: We did a super cool service project with this one lady and how we found her was super cool. We were biking to an appointment and this guy, out of nowhere, pulls over and says "Hey. You Mormon boys wanna do some service" and we said "Ight. Where it at?" and then we went over to help this lady move out of her house. She also was super sweet and just super kind, and she totally was ready to receive the Gospel. But she totally is English so we had to pass her off to the English sisters.

SUNDAY: REPTICON!!!!!! WOOOO. Um yeah, it was really cool at repticon bcuz I held some snakes. AND one of the snakes started to slither all around in my shirt and I couldn't do anything about it😂 it was a ton of fun and what was awesome was some other booth gave us snakes to hold so that we could talk to more people. I also have a new love for snakes now. After that we had church and it was awesome because 2 of our investigators showed up! Their names are Eric and Katie and they are so cool. They are the kids of one of our recent convert and wow I didn't think they were going to come. So I need more faith then.

So yeah fun week and well I just love it here in the OKC and a pretty funny side story, Whenever we bike somewhere we will play Mario Kart and what that looks like is I will yell "Banana" and throw it at the elder in front of me and they have to slow down. Its super fun.

(also that guy did get baptized YASS!)

Love y'all
Elder Evans

No pictures this week. :(

On to the week of June 10th!!  Man am I really behind at this blogging stuff!!!

My letter:

Summer is in full swing!!


Hello My Monkey!!

How are you???? I just looked at the weather in Oklahoma and it has 94 degrees and 64% humidity!!!  OMGEEE.  Are you dying???  I eyeballs are sweating just thinking about it.

So. I have a package for you, but I have worked every day.  I will send it tomorrow (your today).  Dad bought you some chocolate and it was soupy. I froze it and I am sending it anyway.  I know that teenage/twenty-something missionaries will eat anything. :)

So this week has really felt like summer.  It has been hot!  But then I saw your OK temps and I wanted to cry for you. LOL.  So, I have been working like crazy, but we have been having fun anyway.  
We went to the pool the other day.  Roy aquatic. It was awesome. Nice and hot.  Jorgen can swim well enough now that I don't have a panic attack every time I can't find him for 5 seconds.  Sethers said he didn't want to go to the pool at all.  I told him he had to, so I could feel like a good mother. ;)   Anyhoo, we were at the pool for like, 6 seconds and he and Logan whip off their Tshirts.  They are both looking pretty tough as they work out with dad still every morning for 30 minutes and then go swimming practice. So. They both puff out their chests and say, "We should go down the slide".  Umm.  They disappeared and I didn't see them for 2 hours. 

Let's see... what else?  I met up with Brenda for diet Cokes.  She wrote you a little hello in your package. When it comes this week you will see it. 

Dad went to the sand dunes with Tory on Friday.  The razor was all painted and put together and he took it with them.  Then it started smoking.  That's not good.  He was going to stay until today but then the wind picked up and was blowing sand all over.  They bugged out and came home yesterday.  Which was nice, because I missed him!!

Hmm.  Melinda and her fam are still in South Carolina.  Grandma and Grandpa J are in California seeing Eric and his family.

Oh!  I know! The kids had their piano recital yesterday.   They all did great.  Liesel played the piano song that she made up. She named it Cascade.  She did so well.  

Well, that is the update from here. I can't think of what has been happening.  A whole lot of regular summer: do your chores before you play on the computer.  Mow the lawn. Clean your bathroom. Haha.  some things never change!!

I really and truly hope that you get a computer that hangouts will work on!! 

I am typing this on the computer, so I will send your week's photos from my phone in a different email.

XOXO, 

Mom







Mitchell's response on June 11th:

THE BOONS PT.3, and why you shouldn't drive with seizures

WHAT IS UP YA BUTTERCUPS ITS YA BOI, Elder Evans and I would like to share the spiritual experiences that I have had this week. 

Soooooo I am going to change things up a little bit and really I am just going to highlight reel all of y'all bcuz the weeks and days are literally blurring together. I'm going to do it like this 
fun stuff
something about the work
and spiritual thought
so yeah anyways

FUN STUFF
We went to BOONIEVILLE again and this time we met well, not much because there is literally NO ONE OUT THERE. Well we did stop at someone's house and the fed us on the spot so that was pretty cool. Also Elder Sanguineti sang a song while horribly playing my ukulele called "I am a american" and the lyrics went something like this

I am a american
Whats up
Near the boons
Jodi Highroller
Macdonnalds
Fries

It was pretty funny. I have also recieved the honorary title of "BEST BACK MASSAGER EVER" from Elder Medel. He will ask if he can do something for me so that I will give him a back massage. I just give them for free😇 (or a MTN Dew). I also have put a flat in my bike for the 7th time in the 2 months I have been in Oklahoma. My bank account isn't very happy with me about that but if you have the opportunity to bunny hop the curb you have to just go for it. Its pretty lit.
Oh and a guy drove his car, had a seizure and ran into our parked truck and somehow moved it like 30 ft. we were in a lesson so we all good tho.

SOMETHING ABOUT THE WORK
We have this investigator named Nestor and oh my actual goodness he is just awesome. We taught him one lesson and after the lesson he said to us "I have a bucket that we can fill up and you can just baptize me right now" we told him that we would love to do that but there are certain steps that are done first lol. He has a drinking problem but he is literally the most humble person I have ever met. He is awesome.

We also have a family who just started the lessons and the Mom just about got anti'ed by a friend of hers but she straight up said to her friend "I don't know about you but I am here to find the truth, and if this book is true for me, why does it matter to you?" She's totally getting baptized(knock on wood)

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT
So I read Mosiah 5:2 and it says,

"And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." 

Really what I love is that they knew that the words were ture but that isn't what changed them. It was the Spirit the did. They let themselves be changed and the Spirit of the Lord is what did the changing. I just know that really we all have a need to change and it is really hard to see how to do that sometimes, and that is why I love this scripture. Because of the spirit of the Lord, they had no desire to do evil. Wow. I wish that I had that.

So yeah I love you all so much and I know that I am where I need to be. Also I have an addiction to Dill Pickle Sunflower Seeds so if you know a support group for that send that my way.

See Y'all next week
Elder Evans





OK, IF YOU HAVE STAYED WITH ME TIL THIS POINT, YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU GET REWARDED WITH THE MOST RECENT EMAIL!!!!

JUNE 18, 2018

Here's my email:

Hello my young Padawan,

It is after midnight and I know I have to hurry and email you before I make a welcome poster for Ola, write a card for her, one for the chaperone, and then finish her poster!!

YIKES. This week has been busy and fun.  I worked at the first of the week and I have had FIVE days off in a row. HEAVEN.  I go back to work in the morning (of course.  I work every Missionary Monday. SMH)  So, Seth and Logan went to High adventure Scout Camp on Wednesday.  They went to Colorado somewhere down by Moab and went biking.  They had a lot of fun.  Logan texted me a bunch on the way down because it was a long ride.  Seth slept like the dead, apparently.  No surprise there.  That kid has done nothing but eat, work out, sleep, eat and then eat some more.  And he is still as skinny as ever.  

Liesel has been tending Olivia on Mondays and Wednesdays.  It is crazy that some of the time we only have Jorgen at home with us!

Liesel and Dad have gone all kinds of Fixer Upper on your old room. It has been changed into Ola's room. But no worries, we will get that room or another one all ready for you when you come home.  Liesel, Dad, the boys, and me (okay all of us) went through all of your crap in your room.  HOLY MOLY.  I hear Liesel down there trying not to curse...."HOW MANY BOUNCY BALLS DOES ONE PERSON NEED???"  and "ARE YOU SERIOUS??"  ... "WHAT THE...."  It was very entertaining. We junked a few things, but mostly we crammed 50 lbs of crap into each of three ginormous totes and figured that you could sort through your stuff when you get home.  I will send an email with photos from my phone.  I am on the computer and my phone is somewhere......else.

So, on Friday we were going to go to Bear Lake with Aunt Brenda and most of her kids.  Poor planning on my part.  Seth and Loge were still on High Adventure.  Liesel and dad were going HAM on your room.  So Jorgie and I packed up and headed to the lake.  Which meant that I had to "unwinterize" it.  Yeah, that wasn't fun.  Every place there was to leak water was leaking when I turned the water back on.  And that was AFTER I followed Dad's 15 step annotated directions.  I want you to picture me, climbing up a ladder in front of the stackable washer/dryer.  Getting on said machines.  Hanging UPSIDE DOWN behind the machines, bracing myself with my FEET ON THE CEILING so I don't fall, in order to turn off the water lines to the washer.  Dad was on speaker and Jorgen was looking on, narrating my certain impending death.  Awesome.  

What with one thing and another, we got it sorted out.  Then Jorgen and I went to the beach Saturday for about 6 1/2 to 7 hours.  We used sunscreen.  Not enough, apparently.   Jorgen has a blister on his face.  I am burned everywhere but mostly above my left knee. I can't really explain it.  It just hurts.  

We left Bear Lake early to come back for Father's Day.  Church was awesome because it was short.  :)  Bishop Wade made the executive decision to have only one hour of church since we were the 1-4 meeting.  OH, GUESS WHAT?? Dallin H. Oaks was in our building for the 3rd  Ward's sacrament meeting.  He totally popped in on the fly.  The bishop didn't even know he was coming.  He said that he liked to pop into random Sacrament meetings when he doesn't have a Sunday assignment.  HOLY COW.  We didn't see him, but Hailee Doxey (not your cousin, one of the Doxey kids) snapped a pic and put it on Instagram.  #madskilz

We went to Grandma and Grandpa Js house for lasagna and a "Happy Father's Day" and now we are getting ready for Liesel, Seth, & Logan to go to Trek in the morning.  Dad is flying to Seattle to pick up Ola in the am, I am going to work and Jorg is sleeping over at grandmas.  He is going to email you.  He is soooooo excited to get an email back from you, so send him something, even if it is short.

Well, I love you like mad and I hope you got your package of essentially junk.  ;)

Chat with you in the morning.  Hopefully hangouts works, because i will again be chatting you up and working!!  

XOXO, 

Mamacita


PS  I got the text photo!!  AWESOME









Mitchell was funny and fun as always and he heard from a Seventy:

The Rebuke of the Century

Hey y'all how is it going! 
WELL lemme tell ya how it is going here in the city or something like that. I just write down some cool stuff, y'all read it and laugh and we all get closer together. it's pretty cool. So lets stop wasting time then.😂

FUN STUFF( Woot woot am I right?):
So this week um... hmm lemme think. Alright here it is. This week was mission tour and man oh man was it just friggin crazy! I basically spent 3 days in row with people who are not my companions and it was just well. yeah. I also got a package from home of literally just toys. And now our apartment looks like my room when I was at home. Just junk... everywhere. Ok well not junk but ya know. Dinosaurs, Monster Trucks, legos. ya know the kind of stuff that you would expect in a 9 year old kid's room. But hey now studies are not only spiritual but also they have just cool things to look at to. Its pretty cool. Also Elder Sanguineti is just freaking hilarious. He basically just learns american slang and then uses it and its always unexpected. This week he learned "I'm down" and so now everything is just. I'm down yes. or I am down. He also hates when the word through is spelled like thru. The first time he saw that he said, "America! What are you doing!" and now he'll just say" America you did it again." I love him.

SOMETHING WITH THE WORK:
We met these three guys who are all about 21 and all have felonies. They have seriously been dealt the short end of the stick and when they talked with us they were convinced that the wanted to be baptized. I met them for only and hour and I just love them all so much. I really hope they find peace in this gospel.

Spiritual Thought:
We had the wonderful opportunity to hear from Elder Pearson from the Seventy at our mission. And it was basically him ripping us a new one but in the way the Jesus did it when he talked to his disciples when they just left to go fishing right after him going to heaven. But the most important thing that I learned from all of that is the we are the masters of our fate. There is no circumstance that we are victim to. Everything in our life, literally everything is a choice. And so who are we going to choose? Our own selfish will or the will of the Lord. Well thats a personal choice for all and I hope that I can prove to myself that I have chosen the Lord.

Well I love you all a ton and I hope you all feel the love of the Lord.

PS I went into the sewer to find some investigators. Conclusion: no one








Well, that's a wrap!  We are all up to date and Mitchell is doing great!  Thanks for reading!!





Comments

Popular Posts