Logan: 6.19.2023. Well, I'm not dead, yet...

 So turns out the laziness that grips mosr missionaries concerning emails is totally true, and it got me.


Because it's been three weeks since my last update I'll be happy to inform you that I am in fact still preaching the gospel. Specifically We've been teaching a few friends, have faced a few bashers, and met some crazy people. So Ima focus on some events, and maybe introduce you to my district!

Okay, introductions first. My comp is Elder Kraus, and he is absolutely amazing. He just barely hit his 1 year mark in he mission, and his spanish is absolutely cracked. Like, he has a working vocab of 4000 at only a year in. He has put me on the spanish grind fr fr, and I am happy to report that as of now, I have a vocab of about 500 *cue the cheezy cool guy music and picture me walking away from an explosion...

Next is Elders Button and Vasquez (No idea if I spelt that right). Elder Button and Elder Vasquez are both about 5 months in, Elder button is also GOATed at spanish, and Elder Vasquez is fluent because he's from the DR. When he gets talking I lose it every time.

Elder Tippets and Elder Bolivar are absolute chads, and Elder Bolivar came out with me. They've been doing awesome work here (technically there) in mojave, and if you ever bump into them say hi.

Then there's Hermana West and Hermana Honda. We share our tiny little Spanish benach with them, and by share I mean that we get this tiny little sliver of town with very few members, and they get this massive chunk. Not slay, at all. The district is so fun, and though I've only been here for about three weeks, I would already consider them friends.

So, now for some crazy experiences. The first is one that my trainer (The stunning and handsome Elder Kraus) had warned me about in my first week, but one that I only experienced in my 3rd week. There's this lady who lives in a trailer park (her name's Ruth) and she just hates the church. You might think I'm joking, but whenever we're in the trailer park she actively seeks us out to tell us that what we do is blasphemy and that we are corrupting the word of God. What's even better is that she's lowkey kinda racist. She complains a lot about the latinos in the area, blaming them for all her struggles in this life, and tells us over and over that they're not allowed to be there because it's a senior citizens trailer park (it's totally not, we checked). But we can handle a bash. We just follow the advice of Skipper from the penguins of Madagascar and "smile and wave boys, smile and wave." What she really does that irks us the most is she tears down our flyers. So we had this english class, (well, Elder Kraus and his last companion did) where they were offering free english lessons to anyone who wanted to learn. Well Ruth showed up one day wanting to learn spanish, and then started disrupting the class as soon as the teaacher shared a spiritual thought, and then it got so bad in the subsequent classes that they had to cancel them alltogether. Well, now we're making some efforts to start up our classes again and we're hanging flyers as a result. But Ruth keeps going around and tearing them down. Even when my Companion and his last companion put the flyer 10-12 feet up on a pole, she somehow managed to get it down. Despite all this, and despite the pretty hateful stuff she's said to us, I'm trying to love her. That's what the savior would have done, and that's what I'm going to do.

The other bash was this guy who said he was really knowledgable and was talking about how he had more knowledge than anyone and how that alienates him, like actaully makes him so much better than others that it sets him apart. Well, turns out that his main argument against is that our paintings of Jesus are wrong because he said that Jesus is black. It was a kind thought, and I tried explaining that Jesus wasn't black, but middle eastern. He certainly wasn't white (maybe, unless he was born albino) but that didn't make him black, it made him arabic. Well, th "argument" was fruitless, and so what was going to be a 6 person lesson and pick up, turned into us getting out of there as fast as possible.

Since its been a while, I have a ton of pictures and I think you guys will love that. Also a bit of a spiritual thought... God loves you!!!!!

Hasta la proxima semana!
(I actually had way less pictures than I thought.)











Comments

Popular Posts