Logan: 5.29.23 A parting of ways, followed by some common stranding, a bunch of teaching, and lots of spanish. (Hehe, long title)

 It has been such a crazy week, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. But first, I arrived safe and sound here in the Bakersfield mission!! Yay!!! Ok, so a quick rundown first.


Monday, we had classes and probably had some spiritual experiences, but I don't have my journal with me, so this is gonna be a short one.
Tuesday went basically the same, but you could definitely tell that the missonaries were getting ready to be out in the field. We also had a devo that night where the area 70 Elder Douglas paid us a visit and gave an awesome talk. We sang some songs, I and Elder Pomares gave our testimonies, and then we went home for the night.

Wednesday was also really good. It was our last day of classes with our teachers, and we got some great pictures with them. (Don't tell anyone, but I copied the lyrics of a bunch of Disney songs onto a google doc). We said goodbye to those of us that were leaving that night, Including my companion Elder P. (I didn't cry, I swear). It was super rough watching them leave, but the great part is that I got to do it all over again the next day.

Thursday I got put in a trio with Elder Cregor and Elder Chan. the thing with them is that though they are both American, they were also three week missionaries, meaning that they are fluent in spanish, so that day I got a decent amount of spanish practice in. We basically had no classes, so it was a great time to pack and prepare to travel. That night I got an hour of sleep before we went to the airport, at 12 in the morning. Elder Rowe and I did some last minute service before we left, and then we piled onto a van ith not nearly enough leg room and we went to the airport. Once there, I said goodbye again, got checked in, and then bumped into all the Missionaries we had just said goodbye to. Super awkward (not really). So we just chilled with them in the airport until it was time to board our flights. Then I drugged myself to have some dulces sueños on the flight, so I was too drowsy to be sad. We got to dallas without a hitch, but this is when things went south. Oh, also, it's friday at this point, and I didn't get decent sleep since wednesday night. So once in the airport, Elder Swift (my travel companion and genius) said goodbye to Elder Rowe and went to wait in our terminal and grab some food. While there we noticed that some people said that the flight had been moved terminals. We thought, "Its probably fine, its 9:40 and our flight is at 10:40, we still have plenty of time to get to terminal C. Well we arrive at terminal C only to see that our flight is already gone. Hmm, that's an issue. Well turns out that Mexico doesn't do daylight savings, but Texas does, and so our clocks from Mexico were an hour behind, so yeah. They rebooked us, but the flight was at 10:30, nearly 12 hours away. So long story short, Elder Swift and I had a 14 hour layover in Texas. When we finally arrived in Cali, it was already Saturday!

Saturday, in hte morning I met my new comp, Elder Kraus. He is super knowlegable in the Mission, and he is our District leader, so I struck gold for a trainer. After our 1 and a half hour drive to our area here in Lancaster Cali, We got right to work. I had a lesson with this sweet lady named Serena, and we talked about the atonement, and it was super cool to be working side by side with my comp to teach someone. We had another lesson with this guy named Hernan, and that one was only in spanish. Man he gift of tongues is real! Plus I had an amazing comp to bail me out whenever my spanish failed me. After some contacting we went home and hit the hay.

Sunday was also really cool. I got to meet our branch, and after a sick sacrament and Priesthood meeting we gave an Argentinian a blessing and got some lunch from her. We went home, planned a few lessons, and then had dinner with a part member family, which was bussin. We went contacting, had another lesson with this guy named Christian (he's super wise and motivational, I felt like I could fly after that lesson), and then again, we went home and hit the sack. I think that's all for now, my hand hurts from typing to much, and my Comp and I are going to have biscuts and gravy for dinner. I'll talk to ya'll next week (also my pday is on Mondays now)

(Also also, I didn't get a lot of photos this week, so these will have to do).

The book is blue
The Church is true
(Thanks Elder Harris)
Elder Evans <3










Comments

Popular Posts