Time gets away from me!!

Well, I have had such great intentions. Logan turned 4 at the end of April (yes, my current baby) and I was going to post pics from his birthday party and tell all the great stories that go with it. (It was the coolest Transformers party, like, ever!!) Then we had Mother's Day and I thought, oh, what a great day to reminisce on my beautiful children and what it means to be a mom. Yeah, that didn't happen either. We ended up going to my mom's chatting and laughing and then hitting the In-Laws later, then came home, did a flurry of baths and threw the kids into bed with a deep sigh. I think that I was passed out on the couch by the time the news was on.

So, the current fun is this: We have 4 children currently playing T-ball or baseball, Liesel is finishing up her year of dance and Mitchell has soccer. (Not to mention Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts and Piano lessons.) I have color coded my calendar. No kidding. A stroke of genius that I attribute to one of my more anal, type A friends.

However, the funniest thing that will ever happen in your life is putting a barely 4 year old in sports. I laugh every single time. So, Logan got up to bat at his first T-ball game and whacked the ball impressively. He had been to 2 practices where they stressed, "Get the ball and throw it to 1st base." Logan is an obedient child, especially when there is healthy competition. So, he whacked the ball past the pitcher and then ran straight to the pitcher's mound to get the ball to throw it to 1st. I laughed while yelling, "LOG, you gotta RUN to first!!!" However, I don't think that he heard me. But the 12 dads on the field sorted him out. Honestly!

Anyway, I have to go. I am posting pics of baseball AND the birthday, just to make me feel like I am not an unfit mother. (Only for my conscience, no other reason.) Have a great day!!!!

Comments

  1. Mary,
    You are so funny! What a great and fun mom you are to your kiddos!!! I am very excited for Jake to eventually be in sports...so I can laugh at how cute he is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I say "bravo" Logan for doing what you learned in practice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts