Jorgen Von Strangle


As many of you may know, we are expecting a baby boy in September. Jeremy and I can never agree on baby names. This go round, I wanted to name the baby Jorgen. My maiden name is Jorgensen and it is a Danish name. I thought it was pretty cool. Jeremy squashed the idea... but I didn't give up. I told the kids when they would ask what the baby's name was going to be that I wanted to name him Jorgen. One night before family prayer, Mitchell asked the same question and I gave him my standard answer, "Well, I want to name him Jorgen, but dad doesn't like it, so we will see." Mitchell replied, "JORGEN VON STRANGLE?" Who in the world is Jorgen Von Strangle you ask? Well, he is none other than the Chief Fairy in the cartoon 'The Fairly Odd Parents'.

After this funny incident, all of my children started to refer to the baby as Jorgen. Such as, "Heavenly Father, please bless Jorgen to be healthy and strong."

So, it appears that Jorgen has won out. Now Jeremy can't even imagine naming him anything else, it would be like changing one of the other kids names. However, he maintains that if we are naming him after a fairy, that we should do it right. So the baby's name could be Jorgen Vaughn Evans!!

Comments

  1. And it will be seeing how i will be the one to bless him.. Ahhh the awsome power of the preisthood.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny would it be if Jeremey changed the name at the blessing? Probably not funny at all to you. I love that his name with be after a buff fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly how my Abby got her name, my DH wouldn't suggest a name until she was born, but she had been Abigail so long, the kids hated the name he suggested, Samantha. Now hindsight, it would have been a better option, since we live next door to an Abby, and it could have grown on me, but he lost out because he waited too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious and what a wonderful way to get what you want..I'll have to remember these sly techniques of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jorgan is a great name!!!!
    There is a reason for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name. Way to get what you want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts