A Little Bit About The Center of My Universe...

As most of you know Jeremy and I have a lot of kids. (Big surprise, huh?) We feel incredibly blessed to have all of our children, they are amazing! Lately I have been gushing about Jorgen, our sweet eight month old. I can't seem to be thankful enough that we have another child. But Jeremy and I love ALL of our children.

Here are a few wonderful things about them:

Mitchell: He is, as he will tell you, a BLUE. If you don't know what this means, check out the Color Personality Test. (Red, Yellow, Blue & White) Mitchell is driven by emotion. He seeks to be understood. He is just so sweet. Last month he was reading the Harry Potter series for at least the second time. These are my favorite books of all time. I like to read aloud to my family and Mitchell asked me if he could read to me from "The Half-Blood Prince." He was on the chapter, The Cave. This is one of the most emotional chapters in the books. Mitchell read the words of Harry, as he pleads with Dumbledore to please be okay, with tears in his eyes. I couldn't keep from crying myself. I love to watch him become a young man. I am so proud of him and I realize that much, if not most, of who he is, is not because of me.

Liesel: Whoa, girl! I gave birth to a Sunshiney-Spitfire! Liesel is an artist and a friend to just about everybody. She loves to laugh and she loves to dance. She loves to spend time with her family and she loves, loves, loves her baby brother. Liesel has art projects all over the house. If a paper holds still long enough, it will have a princess drawn on it! I love to watch her make-believe. That was one of my favorite things to do as a child, and Liesel is a pro! With all of her brothers, you would think that she might be lonely. No sir! Seth and Logan have become pros at playing Barbies with her. (Although I think that Barbie gets into a little more Death and Destruction than she would if Liesy had sisters!) Let us not forget, that Liesel has no problem speaking her mind! She is very outgoing and I don't think it occurs to her to be shy!!

Seth: Captain Destructo. Little Jeremy. Mr. Hospital Corners! Man I love this kid! He was a deceptively sweet baby. My mother warned me that her sweetest baby turned out to be my big brother, the tormentor. Why is my mother always right? Seth gets mad at me if Jorgen is crying and I don't IMMEDIATELY drop everything and pick him up. He will throw his hands up in the air and with a roll of his eyes, say, "Gawl! Your baby is crying, don't you hear?" No matter how many times I tell him that the baby will survive another 30 seconds, Seth is not pacified or amused. He is very type A, in a cute, child like way.

He builds the most amazing LEGO ships and when they break and I can't fix them he gives me a pitying look. Like, it's okay, Mom, I will show you how to do it. He loves his brother, Logan. He gets very upset when Logan isn't home when he gets off of the school bus. It is like he believes that Logan was sent just for him, and maybe he was.

Logan: I ask you, what is not to love about this kid? He loves just everybody. Our friends came over for dinner last week and brought their four year old daughter, Taylor. She and Logan got along great. The next day he asked me to call her so that he could tell her how much he missed her. His best friends are: Olivia, Abby B, Abby S, Avery and Brynlee. Oh, and his cousins Brandt and Ian. I laugh when I watch him hug them and kiss them goodbye. Do I need to establish dating rules already? He is FIVE!!

Logan also is obsessed with TRANSFORMERS. He has been "transforming" from a truck to Optimus Prime for well over a year now. The next time you see him, have him demonstrate. You will laugh, I promise.

And last, but not least: Jorgen:
He is the baby that I was becoming convinced that I would never have. After losing our sweet Caleb, and being pregnant for nearly two years straight, I began to think of babies like unicorns: Beautiful, mythical creatures. He has healed in me anything that was ever broken. He is a gift. Sometimes I feel guilty that I love him so much, like I am taking something away from the other four. But then I remember that they lost Caleb, too. And that Jorgen's healing powers haven't only worked on me. He is nearly always happy, he laughs easily and sleeps like the proverbial baby. Even Jeremy, who once claimed he really only liked children once they were six months old, has been carting him around in the Baby Backpack for months. I swear they are best friends.

And so, now you can also appreciate how I have been blessed. It is my hope and prayer that all people longing to become parents can be as blessed as I have been.

Comments

  1. Tell Mitchell I just read the Cave chapter and cried too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I love the part where Jorgie healed anything that was broken. You never told me if you have been able to long into my blog. I sent you like 5 invites.
    LMK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! We'll have to let the boys get together to play if we ever make it down there. I'm a blue too. I think it's funny that Logan has so many girlfriends. Britton's only request for his birthday was that there were "No girls alowd!" He did say I could come though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have them, but don't forget they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts