Back To School!!!

Logan, on his first day of Kindergarten.

At the bus stop waiting with the neighbor kids.
Getting ready to head to the school bus. We essentially take the same picture every year. :)


OK, I know I shouldn't be so absolutely delighted that the kids are in school, but.... I AM!!!

We had fun getting ready for back to school this year. Two really big things happened this year. Seth started full day school, as a 1st Grader. This is really cool for one main reason: School lunch. You are a really big kid if you get to eat lunch at school. The other HUGE event was that Logan started Kindergarten. Yay!!!!!

We went and met everyone's teachers on Back-to-School night. Mitchell's teacher, Mrs. Hansen is quite young and pretty. I asked Mitchell if he thought she was HOT. "Maaaaybeee," was his reply. Funny.

Everyone else was also excited to start school. The first day came, everybody wore their favorite outfit and they walked to the bus and off they went!! Except Logan. In an act of terrible cruelty, our school district has mandated that Kindergarten starts one week after grades 1-6. Now, I realize that they do this in order to test the Kindergarten students and make sure that they are socially ready to adapt to school. When Mitchell went to school this wasn't a problem, as he didn't have older brothers and sisters. Everyone else has suffered.

So, Kindergarten started this last Monday. Logan came and got into bed with me after the other kids had got on the bus. He stated, "I am not going to school today." I informed him that he was, indeed, getting on that bus. He let me know his reasoning, "Well, they make you do hard things in Kindergarten. And Mom, hard things.....they're hard."

I laughed. Once he discovered that he could wear his new GI Joe shoes, he was a believer! He was ready lickety-split!

I have loved every moment that I have been home with only Jorgen. Granted, it is only three hours a day, but it is heavenly. The kids were bored beyond belief (BBB), and it is so nice to have their little brains stimulated!









Now we get to look forward to next year, when it is just me and the Jorgenator all day long!!

Comments

  1. School lunch is super cool. Britton loves kindergarten. His started the same day as all the other kids though. That is cruel to make the kindergarteners wait another week! Logan is funny though. I like his reasoning for not going to school. Britton came home from school and said it was a horrible day because they didn't get chocolate milk (they have milk every day during snack time). It's hard to be 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic even if it is only 3 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and before you know it Jorgen will be getting on the bus for full day school. Will you be crying or jumping up and down? Both, maybe!
    Dane goes to preschool 5 days from 9 to 1 (recommended by his therapist and previous preschool teacher) and my heart is breaking. Tell me it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts