Happy Halloween!!






I love Halloween. I pretty much love all of the holidays. Any excuse for a party is a good one.

We had fun this year with the kids costumes.

Of course Logan was a Transformer. Was there ever any doubt? On November 1st last year he stated that he was going to be Optimus this year. Then it was Bumblebee, then Optimus. He is a forward thinker.

Seth decided late last year to give up his dream of being a Policeman when he grows up and be a hunter. I am not sure how profitable this will be, but it came to fruition this Halloween at least! Here's a shout out to my friend, Andrea, who supplied all of the camo clothes.

Liesel wanted to be a witch again this year. I spent about every other Halloween as a child holding a broom. My friend Nick informed me that it was because it all comes so natural to me. Apparently, Liesel takes after her mother! (Another costume from a friend: AnnCheri supplied the dress. I out-did myself and made the cape.)

Mitchell decided on a vampire. Easy enough! It was pretty weird to see him in all of his makeup with black hair. If I ran into him on the street like that, I wouldn't recognize him! I didn't realize that I depended so much on his blond hair to pick him out of a crowd!

And Jorgie, Oh how I love that baby! I found his costume at the last minute and I laughed every time I saw him in it. He left that great big mane on without at fuss. And that thing was hot! He made an adorable King of the Jungle!

Anyway, we headed over to my mom's house for the Jorgensen Family Party and we had a ball! My Aunt Linda and her family showed up and the kids had a Trick-or-Treat-a-thon!

Seth ended up with so much candy that his pumpkin bucket was stuffed full. He was shoving candy into his jacket pockets AND his pants pockets! He was out with my niece, Hilary. (Bless that girl's heart, she took seven kids with her for 2 hours.) I went on a rescue mission to pick up Mitchell, Liesel and Cameron. They were tired of Trick-0r-Treating. I asked Seth if he was tired. He replied, "No, I am going to Trick-or-Treat my way home."

Then he told Hilary, "I can't wait to see Mitchell's face when he sees how much candy I have!" I can imagine the gleam in his little devious eyes!

It was a great Halloween. The kids had fun and I got to see my cousins, which doesn't happen very often!

Oh, and here's a shout out to Jeremy, the master pumpkin carver!!

Comments

  1. Very cute! We got WAY too much candy at our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!! Halloween looks like a BLAST at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late comment, but I have to record it before I forget:

    After Halloween, I went downstairs and found only one bucket in Seth's and Logan's room.. I asked, Where is your other bucket?

    Seth replied, "We decided to dump our candy together and share."

    And they did. Seth had three times the candy that Logan did and they pooled it. Nor did they fight one bit about who got what. Those boys were meant to be brothers and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts