So Lucky To Have Such Great Kids!

This last week was the end of the first term at school. We had a host of Parent-Teacher Conferences and received good news on all fronts. Apparently we have some pretty smart kids! (Sorry to brag. I am willing to listen to you brag about your great kids as well!)

So, Logan is learning all of his sounds and is almost ready to bring home readers. Yay!

Seth is so good at Math, he had all A's in that subject. (He had lots of other great grades, too).

Liesel had fabulous grades and as usual, her teachers love her. Kids are way smart these days! She is in 3rd grade and she did a Power Point presentation to show at PTC. Wow!

Mitchell is an all around smarty as well. His teacher told me that he had good grades. He is also working on: not chatting so much and coming in from recess on time. Wow, I wonder where he gets those traits?

Here was the best part of PTC. Mrs. Hansen, Mitchell's teacher, told me about an incident that happened just last week. Apparently, in the 5th grade, they have a party if you haven't had any missing work the whole term. Mitchell had one missing art assignment and was unable to attend. (To his credit, it was a misunderstanding that Mrs. H. said other students had duplicated. But that's not the point.) Anyway, Mitchell's friend was also excluded from the party. He was having a hard time and his anger gave way to tears. He excused himself and went out into the hall. They are very good friends, they talk on the phone daily and play together at least twice a week. Mitchell asked Mrs. Hansen if he could go out in the hall and talk to him. She consented and then she went over to the door to listen. (My kind of woman!)

Mitchell said to his friend, "It doesn't matter. Just shake it off. It's just Mind over Matter. You can decide right now that the rest of the day is going to be a good day and then you can make it happen."

Whatever else he said, it worked. His friend composed himself and came back in the classroom. Mrs. H. asked herself, "How old is this kid?" and told Mr. Rees, the principal, about it. Mr. Rees pulled Mitchell aside later that day and told him thanks, and what a great example he is. Mitchell never mentioned any of this to me!!

I called the school a few days later about school pictures and Mr. Rees answered the phone. He proceeded to repeat the incident and tell me how blessed I am to have such a great kid.

I try my best to be a good parent, as does Jeremy. But I think that Mitchell and his siblings came spectacular. My job is just to try not to mess up a good thing!!!

Comments

  1. I am sure it is always a relief when PTC goes well. Your kids are great...I think that says a LOT about their mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts