Week One at the MTC.....Liesel's Mission




August 8, 2020

Hola!!! 

Well my first week in the MTC is technically done... Let me tell y'all my brain feels like it's been through the washing machine on a spin cycle! I have two 3 hour classes a day and a big break inbetween to get my personal, companion, and language study done for that 3 hours. So really I have 9 hours of studying.... now you see why my brain feels like a bowl of oatmeal. Anyway enough complaining you want to hear what is going on with me. (Hopefully)
So my companera is Hermana Bassett and she's from Fresno, California. She is super nice and sweet and we get along super well. In class we are learning just basics of espanol which is a good refresher because my brain took all of that and flushed it down the drain. My district is made up of 12 misioneros with 4 hermanas and 8 elders. Yeah I know crazy! But I love them so much already they are all super fun and make class so much better. Mi maestros are Hermana Perez y Hermano Jensen. They both make class fun and upbeat but always have the spirit in class. I was reading the scriptures in spanish and english and no joke it took me 45 minutes to read 6 verses ahhha.....
Okay crazy moment that happened to me. So during my personal study on Thursday I was reading in Jacob in the Book of Mormon and came across Jacob 3:1 "But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction." First of all what a great scripture! I absolutely love that and it's a new favorite. I love how it says that he is always on your side no matter what, you just have to have a firm mushy mind for him to help haha jk but he wants to fight for you and the things you're going through. He is our greatest hero. Anyway along with the story so mi companera and I were working on some planning things for a fiction man named Todd who was having troubles with believing in God, and during this Hermana Bassett flipped open her Book of Mormon to that same scripture!!! How crazy!! It just shows that nothing is ever a coincidence and even though it was just for a training I felt the spirit so strongly!
Well thats all for this week! Thanks for tuning in I love all y'all and I know that even through hard times that if we have faith in Christ he will help us through and be our best selves!
Adios!
PS here's some pics
1. My at home companion (Hermana Meggie) didn’t want to get out of bed
2. Seth and I gettin spiritually woke!!
3. First day at MTC
4. Me struggling to read Spanish scriptures 

Comments

Popular Posts