One Month Down!!

 October 20, 2020

Hello Everyone!! Welcome back to my email. Did you miss me or what? hehehe

This week was a very long fast week if you can believe that. The days were long and the week was fast. We have been very busy and thats always amazing. 

We did a lot of service this week and my body is paying for it, I work out everyday but lifting heavy bags of sticks and dirt and rocks takes Shaun T to a whole new level. On Saturday we went to Hermana Pecjak's house and to put this into perspective shes like the ward mom, she gave us shampoo and conditioner and laundry detergent. Love her.... her mansion in heaven is going to be huge thats all I'm going to say. 

On Sunday we had in person church with our English Ward and Spanish Branch, and they are going to go back every single week, only sacrament though but thats still better then no church. But during the sacrament I realized the real importance of the sacrament, it's like a mini baptism every week that helps you start new. Before the sacrament we sang Hymn 185 "Reverently and Meekly Now", such a beautiful hymn. I read the lyrics to it and it struck me differently, "With my blood that dripped like rain....Sweat in agony of pain...think what I for thee have done...Oh remember what was done, that the sinner might be won". So powerful, thinking back what the Savior did for me and you, bleeding from every single pore "like rain". Some scriptures that go along this is 

D&C 45: 3-5

3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—

            4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;

            5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

D&C 19: 16-19

16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;

            17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;

            18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—

            19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men


Such powerful scripture about what Christ did for us. Think what the Savior has done for all of us, he willingly took on all the sins of the world so that we could be with God again! The word I really want to empathize is willingly… Jesus Christ didn’t have to do that, he didn’t have to die on the cross but he did for us. Why would someone do that for me? Why does Jesus Christ love me so much to do that? Because he is the most perfect and most selfless person to ever live. Where it says in D&C 45:3 “Who is pleading your cause before him [God]” and God spares those who come unto Christ. Jesus suffered so that we could repent and not suffer. This is so important to the sacrament because it reminds us that we made that special covenant with God to continually follow Christ and remember him in everything we do. I used to think before I wanted to serve a mission that everything was so churchy and I hated it because I thought that I needed to be perfect. I don’t need to be perfect because I’m not perfect, and guess what…..? Niether are you…. WHAT??? We are human of course we aren’t perfect, but we have church and the gospel to become like Him [Jesus] not to be perfect but to perfected in him. So I am so happy that everything is so “churchy” all the time because I am the happiest person I have ever been. Church is my santuary and where I go to be closer to God. It is not a place to feel like you’re being judged because guess what? You are always being judged, but heres another thing…. WHO CARES!! It’s between you and God not between you and your nosy neighbor. Go to church for you, I do not care one bit what people think of me they are just as broken as me and we use church and the gospel to heal those who go.

Anyway thats all

QUOTES!!!

Brother Hatch "Just make sure Crista is in a good mood or else ….I'll get my Jesus stick beat the holy hell out her"

Hermana Evans "I'm a fat little plump dumpling" 

Sister Shepard "I'm gonna go sit in the bathtub and eat" 

Sister Shepard "I liked it to and then I got fat" 

Lili from English class "Damon is HOT. "

Hermana Evans "hey Alexa how do you do at home lypo suction"

Tammy "you guys are like warriors against Satan" 

Tammy "I wish that everybody knew about this I wish all the lost souls could hear your message" 

Sister Sheppard "oh yaaaa cross eyed was my friend..  no really she was my friend and she was cross eyed"

Hermana Pecjak "get yourself a monkey who is all over your neck"

Okay that's all love you all!

Hermana Evans


HEHEHE GOTCHA!!! 

PICTURES

1. Me and my companion chillin on a street

2. This house with crazy Halloween Decor!!!?

3. Me and Mi Companera

4. More of my district

5. hehehe me and Turkie... My bike

6. My district carving pumpkins

7. ^^^^^










Comments

Popular Posts