All About Mitchell

Mitchell on his birthday, October 7th
Mitchell and friends at the 4th Grade Rendevous
Mitchell with his favorite present, Bionicles. (He likes to build.) And all of my kids together.

Mitchell, my sweet baby, has turned 10!! I really can't believe it. It seems like just a minute ago my nurse was bringing me the sweetest blond baby that I had ever seen. I had slept a few hours after he was born; I had been so nauseated they medicated me into a stupor. When I woke up a few hours later and she brought him to me, I asked her in all seriousness, "Oh, Isn't he the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?" The sweet nurse, who no doubt saw hundreds of babies said, "He is a beautiful baby."

So, here are some wonderful things about my wonderful boy.

*He is a tender heart. He read the book "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein to his little brothers. He came upstairs afterward with tears in his eyes. It broke his heart that the tree gave everything to the boy and the boy just took, took, took.

*He is smart. Jeremy gave us a math riddle that stumps most adults. Mitchell explained the math error before I could.

*He is talented. For Liesel's baptism, we needed prelude and interlude music at the last minute. Mitchell practiced "I am a Child of God" a half an hour before the baptism started and played for us. He did an amazing job.

*He is a good boy. I can't tell you how many times I say, "Mitchell, go and do this, Mitchell, go and do that." Most of the time he says, "OK, Mom!"

This year Mitchell has:
*played the piano
*played competition soccer
*played basketball
*played baseball
*sang in a 4th grade choir
*competed in the math olympics

We love you, Mitchell!!

Comments

  1. I can't believe Mitchell is 10! That makes us all old...He is a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so the picture of your kids on the fireplace looks EXACTLY like a picture you showed me like a year ago except for a new baby and a bionicawhosawhatsit toy. I this Seth and Logan were making the exact same faces. They are so adorable...I can see why you love being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your kids are so stinkin cute... and toe heads... i love it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts