Happy Anniversary!







Jeremy and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on Saturday. My kind mother-in-law came out to our house and watched our 5 children while we went out. We went to dinner and then Jeremy got us tickets to Ogden Ballet and Symphony Association's 'Broadway and Beyond'. It was so much fun. Officially, it was the first time that we have been out since we had the baby almost 7 weeks ago.

So, for fun, I am going to list some of the wonderful things about my spouse:

He is funny. We met on a blind date. When he called to ask me out, we talked for 45 minutes. I laughed a lot. I thought to myself, "I really hope that he is good looking, because he is hysterical!" Also, whenever he answers the phone when I call, he says something like, "Bob's Palace of Pleasure, this if Fred speaking."

He is considerate. After I had Logan, we were living with my mom. I had 4 children 5 and under. All in car seats. One emotional afternoon, I went out to the car to take Mitchell to kindergarten, and we were running late. I got out to the car to find all 4 of the seats sitting in the driveway. Being the post-partum basket case that I was, I started bawling (and probably cursing, but let's not go there.) I called Jeremy on the phone and told him how my life just sucked. He asked me what he could do to help. Through tears, I said, "Just put the stupid car seats back in the car for me, please!" That was 4 1/2 years ago, and I think I can count on one hand how many times I have had to install the carseats after changing cars.

He is super smart and handy. Did you ever wonder if you could build something? Well, I never did, nor could I. I can hardly draw a straight line. But Jeremy could build the Eiffel Tower and install lighting and plumbing. He remembers all of those proofs and crap from Geometry that I quickly brain dumped after I left the class. (I am more of an Algebra-type girl. But he can do calculus, physics based calculus and all of that Jazz.) Not only that, when the kids ask, "Mom, why do airplanes leave clouds in the sky?" and "Why do they fly?" and "How do boats float?" Get ready for a 10 minute explanation. It is amazing.

He is a hard worker. When I go outside to do yard work, I have one 2-3 hour task in me. I love to mow the lawn OR weed whack OR weed the flower beds. But not all in one day. Once he gets started, he never stops. Not even to eat. (Why can't I have that curse?) It is quite the sight to behold. My parents always say, "Well, we could do it, but with Jeremy here, it will be done in no time flat!"

He is a great dad. When I went back to work after I had Mitchell, poor Jeremy was in culture shock. He had never even held babies, let alone take care of them. Well, that didn't last long! Now I can leave him with our 5 kids, a few neighbors to boot, and when I come home they will all be fed, ready for bed and the kitchen is clean. Oh, and he has whipped the kids into shape and had them put away the folded laundry.

Well, I think that it is obvious that I could go on and on. I don't even expect anyone but him to read this whole epistle. Suffice it to say, I totally lucked out 12 years ago! I love you Honey!

Comments

  1. I love you too, you are too good for me and I don't deserve you... on a male note, the ears and pink blanket are not the low point, it was when we purchased the 97 MINI VAN... emasculation was complete. I love you too Honey you are amazing. Twelve years has passed too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I loved the post about Seth too. I was laughing out loud but it wouldn't let me post a comment when I tried. It's fun to keep up on what your family is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post in awesome. It made me cry. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful husband. We sure lucked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a babe! AND he recognizes the gem of a woman that you are. He's a keeper, yep you should definitely hang on to this one!! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts