"I didn't respect the authority of Sheriff Bleak"


Is he being held hostage?  Are those Nerf Guns LOADED??? I thought the MTC was a GunFreeZone!! No, he responded that
 I also was
put on trial for not recognizing the authority of Sheriff Bleak(one of
our zone Elders

Another week in the life of Elder Evans is coming to a close.This week has been fun, in that we sent him a package containing a few letters, a bunch of exercise clothing (BBall shorts, socks, unders) and two Gallon ziplock bags of chocolate chip cookies. I have discovered that not much has changed on the Mom front.  I nearly begged this kid for information, but his goals were pretty clear for his P-day. In our chat I asked him what he would be up to for the afternoon.

Laundry, nap, piano and then dinner and class

Some people are natural writers and thinkers. Mitchell is a do-er.  In our chats back and forth I finally asked him, "Are you getting my 6,000,000 emails and letters that I am sending you???"  

Yes mom I have๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh, the struggle.  So let me sum up what I gleaned over several hours of interrogation, via email, long distance... whilst he played the piano, napped and played Nerf guns.
  • Elder Evans taught an investigator, a native speaker from Chile, 3 lessons.  The language is coming along well. (He will be "spooked" to get to Oklahoma with real speakers, but is excited.)
  • He had the opportunity to be a host and greet the new missionaries on Wednesday:  Lol we got some greenies this week and I got to harass them (jk) and I got to rip the sons and daughters away from families on Wednesday 
  • He will have a little time to play the piano and he has asked for some piano sheet music to practice on his P day.
  • He is requesting more cookies, Nerf bullets, and "something fun". Which will be the fast card game BLINK.       

Very quick week, but he's doing well. Here are some highlights from the photo dump:


THIS ONE IS SOOOO MITCHELL






Here is his letter:
Week 3!! I'm getting good at this
What is up my dudes, it’s been another week and man oh man it’s been a
really good one. The Spanish language is coming along really well. We
learned about how to speak future tense in the present??? Yeah it’s
interesting. Elder Majestic and I also had the opportunity to teach a
native from Chile. So all my confidence in my Spanish went right out
the window, but he has totally been keeping up on his commitments and
listening to the Spirit. It’s just really cool to see someone progress
in the Gospel. Time only gets faster here and man oh man am I ready
for the field (I still will get spooked by the language though).

I found out something weird about my companion, and that is he loves
mayo... like way to much. I think he puts like a half cup on just
about everything including pizza. I don’t know how to feel about that.
Sooooooooo yeah he likes mayo.... probably more than me. I also was
put on trial for not recognizing the authority of Sheriff Bleak(one of
our zone Elders๐Ÿ˜‚).

Well I know that I’m in the right place and that everything I’m doing
here isn’t for me but for the people of the Lord. I’m here to teach
them and lose myself in the work. I love what I’m doing here and I’m
so glad to be teaching and serving the people of the Lord.
Well see y’all next week.
Elder Evans


Comments

Popular Posts