"I Don't Want to Toot My Own Horn, but..."

Well, Mitchell has been out almost a month.  We are counting down in months, because we really like Mitchell and we miss him. He is a really funny kid.
We started emailing back and forth on Saturday, about 10 ish.  It is so much fun to email, just like texting.

I started out: Hello my monkey
How are you? Did you get both of your packages this week?  
I'm eating golden Grahams and thinking of you

Mitchell was quick to reply:
MOM I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! IM SO EXCITED THAT ITS PDAY
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Love you guys. Yeah I got one package with the music and stuff in it. Also we have been having a lot of nerf wars here so thanks for the darts lol.

We sent Mitchell a package with two small Nerf guns for him and Elder Majestic, as well as 100 extra bullets.  We also sent cookies, Mitchell’s new glasses, and some piano music for him to practice on his P day.

Mitchell:
Every one loved the cookies and nerf guns are the new fear around these parts
I asked what he has been doing this week.
Mitchell:
What have I been doing:
Same as last week, learning Spanish, the Gospel, and the Gospel in Spanish. I don’t want to toot my own horn but I’m really good in Spanish already. Elder Majestic and I have been teaching whole lessons Solomente en Español, entonces eso es mui cool. 
Elder Majestic: 
He is the DL but he has had a Lung infection alllllllll week. We caught really early though bcuz my moms a nurse and we went to the doctor. So he’s been kinda just being a slug all week but it’s bcuz he’s sick
Bike:
Yay I have a bike 




He also gave a brief update on general authorities and how the Hermanas in his district are doing:
Elder Renlund visited us on Tuesday and talked about Jesus Christ and it was amazing and the Hermanas are well let me ask them. “I’m a little depressed because my companions are bullies”- Hermana Dorius “You’ll be fine” - Hermana Wawro “I just want to hug your mom” - Hermana Chartier so yeah they are great 

I cannot express how nice it is to hear from my kid!!  He sent some pictures again and a short video from his camera that said hi.







After pictures and video uploaded to our shared drive, he sent this email out to all:

Week idk the weeks blur together

Yoooooooo, what is up the outside world, I been chillin here in the
MTC for another week. I’ll just go what I though was super cool
Spiritual wise and that is we saw Elder Renlund for our Tuesday
fireside and man it was amazing. He talked of how amazing the Savior
is and how we need to rely on him with everything we do. As a
missionary it seems kinda important soooo yeah.

Also something really cool is we had a huge nerf war... yes you read
that right. Missionaries by day and missionaries with nerf guns by
night. And yes I won😎.
Love it here and I’m glad to serve. See y’all next week.


PS pls email me


So, he is doing great and that makes this missionary mom happy as can be.  Drop him a line if you want to make a missionary happy, and if you want blessings in heaven!!

mitchell.evans@myldsmail.net

Comments

Popular Posts