Mitchell Made it to Oklahoma!!




Mitchell is done with the MTC!!  

He flew to Oklahoma on Monday, April 9th.  Whether it was against the rules or not, ( I didn't ask) I sent him a burner phone to call me from the airport, and to text me when he touched down in Oklahoma.

Mitchell is frightfully obedient.  But I told him that "all the cool kids were doing it".  So, he took the phone, with the cookies I sent, and he called me when he got to the airport on Monday.  

Have I mentioned that he tells me precious little during our emails?  Well.  Phone conversations aren't much better.  

My phone rang around noon on Monday.  Caller ID said, "MITCHELLS GO PHONE".

I answered, "AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Mitchell: "Hello, Mom!!  I love you!"

Me: I love you too!  How are you??

Mitchell: I'm great. We are at the airport now.  Just here at Cafe Rio, gonna get a BURRITO!

Me: Awesome!!  So how are you?? 

Mitchell:  I am good.  Got my stuff..  Goin' to Oklahoma.

Yeah.  It kind of went like that. What a nut.

Let me sum up:
  • He is happy
  • He was sick of the MTC
  • He was delighted to eat Cafe Rio
  • He is excited to get to Oklahoma
  • He is excited to serve
  • If I want to know more than that, I am going to have to get mining equipment and drill for information!

 Elder Evans and the other greenies, getting pizza.

 President Mansell, Elder Evans, and Sister Mansell

 A whole bunch of missionaries

New companions!  Elder Smith and Elder Evans!!!

Comments

Popular Posts