Week 2... more like NO U; AKA Assisting with a B&E

Well, another week has passed and I am more and more convinced that we send emotional 14 year olds out on missions. Mitchell consistently cracks me up.   The first thing he wanted me to know on our morning chat was that he has taught himself how to play the ukulele.  Here is a little video:

Mitchell sings "I lava you"

After I viewed it and giggled he sent me a text that said:
side note: I have like a huge favor... will you send A) the lyrics to over the rainbow w/ the chords and a Chord list for a ukulele

I said I would.

At the same time he is texting Jeremy:

Dad, will you send me a Ukulele?

Geez.  Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. 


Well, here are about the only pictures I got from Elder Evans this week, and they are mostly from the MTC.  He did send some videos


His district from the MTC. 

Dabbing.. SMH


Lots of craziness



 One more quick video: Random Mitchell

What with all of his crazy, I was so excited to read his email. He is getting some missionary work in, amongst his messing around and ukulele playing. 

HERE IS HIS EMAIL THIS WEEK:


Week 2... more like NO U

HEY Y'ALL (thats how oklahomans talk sooo Im trying to integrate)

SO lets just jump right into this "how'd my week go" thing but if you are a little too lazy to read I just sum it up........ it was pretty good

LUNES (im just looking at my last email so no need to be askin anything heh heh) : We had a zone PDay and we went and an escape room thing. if you don't know what that is very simply its like being kidnapped but legal. It was super fun and I got to meet a ton of new missionaries from my zone. After that we had pizza, hung out at a park and then went right back to work. Everyday should be spent helping the Lord.

MARTES (I totally didn't look here): I call this Day GREENIE DAY! because Elder Saldana and I took over my Spanish area all by ourselves..... and we have 8 days in the field at this point. But it doesn't matter who you are because the Lord will make use of you always. We OYM'd (open your mouth.. idk its some weird missionary slang. you had to be there for it to be funny) a ton of people and even set a return appointments with 5 of them, so a good day. Basically this week I spent with other missionaries which is awesome because you learn so much from it.

MIRACOLES (Im just thinking about my golden grahms back at the house right now): I was on splits with Elder Vogt on this day and we got a lot done. We spent the whole day out in the fields close to OKC and we were able to do a lot of lessons in the area and also we had dinner with Brother Simon who is basically a gourmet chef. It was the best food I have ever had. One thing that I really learned is that it is soooooooo important to have a solid testimony of the BOM (book of mormon.... its kind of a thing here) If you have that as a solid foundation the rest will fall in place.

JUEVES (That face you make when you only have like 30 minutes left to email. Thats fine I'm not freaking out [I am sooooooo totally panic writing right now]): We had District Council this day and it went great. Also we had the ZL's at this meeting and the AP's so my whole line of authority was right their in one room (without the President). We sent up Goals on visions on how to more effectively missionary and stuff like that. I don't know about you but those meetings really just go in one ear and out the other soooooooo that was that. After DC though I went with Elder Whitehead to literal BOONIE VILLE, USA Population: WEIRDOS. I am not joking this place is Called Clinton and it was the weirdest place I have ever been. more on that

VIERNES (Now I am thinking of Boonieville... ahhhhhhh. I am so funny): This was day 2 in BOONIE VILLE and the people we saw...... just wow. We met someone who told us to watch his bike and then he proceeded to break into a house, a person who literaly had 30 DOGS! and they were all a mix of drum-roll please...................... Pit-bulls...... I have never been that frightened in my life because they all were barking.... and then to top it off we went to the ghetto of boonie ville so that was cool. But the very interesting part is they still accepted to gospel so really don't judge no one

SABADO (ANNNNNNND I have like 10 minutes): Normal day with my trainer, knocked houses, helped people, ate fried pork out of a cauldron... just the usual. But the Highlight of my week is Sunday

DOMINGO (this is going to be super fast): We call this guy by accident, we tell him we are missionaries, he asks for a prayer over the phone and then after the prayer he asks where our church is. I was thinking "OHHHHHHHHHH YEAH MIRACLE!!!!!!" what then happened is. The Guy shows up and he's basically homeless, lives out of the back of his car and his wife or girlfriend was laying in the back. He then Preaches to us for AN HOUR AND 45 MIN and my comp and I have no Idea what to do. We eventually get him to leave after giving him $40 (not mine or my comps but the bishop helped us at that point) and his wife said "I just wanna go get high now" so yeah no church that day for us.

If I could just leave y'all with this, don't be afraid of A) your testimony and B) asking again to the Lord if the BOM is true because I know it is. And I can type that all day but the one who gives us the truth we seek is the Lord

I love all of you and I will see you when I see you!

Elder Evans



BONUS ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I was showering Elder Smith barged in, ripped open the shower curtain and then proceeded to shoot me 20 times with his nerf gun.... Oh the Joys of a mission

Comments

Popular Posts