Oh yeah I am amazing.



So, today is the best day of my week!  The "Get Emails From My Kid Day"! 

As you all know, I miss this monkey like crazy and so I stalk my email when I think he is going to message me so we can chat back and forth.  Today I was a bit distracted, checked my email at 6 am then 7 am then 8 am.  Then I saw something shiny and I didn't check until 10:30 or so.  Oh no!!  Mitchell sent me this message:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you. I am only allowed to view and send emails on monday's now and I only get 2 hours to do it, right now I have about 1 hour and 20 minutes sooo thats a thing. I need to figure out how to send pictures because we don't necessarily have WiFi just on stand by, and I am really bad at remembering to. ANNNNDNNDNNDDNDD guess wut, I set a bap date, oh yeah I am amazing. ANd it was in spanish so yeah I am kinda Like the best missionary here😎😎. Imma work on my big email but tell ereone I luv them

So, I chatted with him back and forth for just a few minutes. What did he fail to tell me?

  • His address
  • If he is going to figure out how to send pictures
  • Oh, there are many things. But I will deal with them.


    I am happy as can be because he is absolutely optimistic and thinks he's the bomb.  This song by Kenny Rogers reminds me of Mitchell. LOL


  • Anyhoo, he did finally tell me some of what he is doing. Here is his email to the masses. :)

    IM FINALLY IN THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Hey Y'all whats up.


    SO this week has been CRAZY, and awesome so I'll just start from the begining

    Lunes (Monday): Travel travel and guess what? more travel. Met new people I guess but I really don't remember much from that day because I was in shell shock the whole time. I left the Spirit Prison, I mean MTC and we just went like crazy till we got to OKC. In OKC I met President and Sister Mansell. They are absolutely amazing and are totally the people I need as my mission President thing. We also ate pizza and played ping pong so yeah super eventful day😄

    Martes (Tuesday): Exchange day. I meet my trainer who is *drum-roll* ................. ELDER SMITH! Okay so maybe that means nothing but I will tell you more. He is super hyped all the time to serve the Lord and anytime he sees an opportunity to serve or preach or teach he jumps right in. Its literally great, and his Spanish is INSANELY good. We went finding for that day and ate lunch at a members house. And finding btw is just looking for people to teach. I am super surprised how many of the Spanish Culture is so open to learning more about the gospel but yeah its crazy. Only thing is we just have to find them. My area is called the OKC North area and I am currently in the OKC 4th Spanish Branch. Its crazy and weird

    Miercoles (Elder smith helped me with that one): Full day of missionary work, as of right now I don't remember many people or many names but one cool thing that happened this day was we saw a drug deal right out in the open, and the people in the deal waved to us and all we said was hi, so yeah thats where we live.

    Jueves (He also helped me here): I went on comp exchange which is basically where I leave my trainer for 24 hours and come back after going to an area I don't even know ( not like I know this one either) the Elder I was with is named Elder Vogt and he is awesome. I got to see a different way to teach and I learned that really the only way that you need to teach is with the Spirit. It was a really humbling and amazing experience

    Viernes (All on my own ha take that Elder Smith!): Finished the exchange but before we did I had the great opportunity to give a blessing to a Member who has been struggling with smoking for years and years but she's finally starting to kick it and that made me so happy to hear. I also taught a lesson with an investigator who is scared to get baptized. I think I told him that to just do it and see that happiness afterward but it was in Spanish and I am not super sure what I said.

    Sabado (Thanks Elder Smith...): Full day of nothing but success, we met and taught so many people who were just going from point A to point B. We met a guy named Tony who is native American and loves to hear about the gospel. Esteban is a kid from Mexico who was taking the lessons but since he moved he lost contact with the missionaries but we totally found him and are now in contact with him. The 3 Marias or in Spanish Los Tres Marias, they are a family whose door we knocked on and decided to have a lesson right then and there and it was amazing to see them so accepting of it. And this night I set up a baptismal date with Gilbert who is totally interested about the church, and I am sooooo excited for him! Basically everything went super well this day and I owe it all to the Lord

    Domingo (I'm not asking on this one heh heh): Sunday was well, um weird. Gilbert went to church with us but to a different ward and basically sacrament meeting in that ward was a complete disaster. No one was reverent, people were just talking with each other during the talks, and one of the talks was about some schooling program??? Last time I check I go to church to show that I love Jesus not some school thing. It was just bad, and at this point all I can do is pray Gilbert comes to the Spanish branch because that one was absolutely amazing. And that one was in complete Spanish but I really felt the Spirit there. The Lord has no set language only the Spirit. 

    This week was crazy and fun. I would upload and send pictures but I haven't gotten my phone yet, but as of right now just know that everyone is a Son or Daughter of God. And they deserve all of the love that we have for them. Serve them as you would serve your family and I know that you will love them as He does. Jesus Christ Lives and this is His gospel. Its true so yeah listen and follow it. Love ya all and guess what??????

    I'll see y'all next week!
    Elder Evans

    Thank you all for reading!!  Check back next week for an update and hopefully a picture or two!!

    Comments

    Popular Posts