Maybe I Missed a Week of Missionary Monday.....

Ok Peeps.  Mother's Day was so fun last week seeing Mitchell on the big screen!!  He is doing great!!  Let me just drop some pics and his last TWO emails in here for your pleasure!

Here is his update from


May 14, 2018

The most LIT week ever ( I mean basically)


Hola hola hola y'all!!! That's right your favorite Oklahoman missionary is back for another crazy email and so you might be asking "  how'd it go Elder Evans we love you so much"... okay maybe I added that last part but I'll tell you how it went.


MONDAY (what not in Spanish you ask, well I am just sick of seeing the red squiggly line): We went to the zoo and we took a ton of pictures. The whole zone went and we went to go see animals lay in the grass all day. So yeah it was super fun. My only complaint is the water tasted like liking a really dirty carpet. After the zoo I got to go on an exchange with the other zone leader, you know the one that is not my companion, and oh my goodness I had a blast. He acts a lot like me and we just messed around the whole time... just kidding we did missionary work because we are boss.

TUESDAY ( insert funny comment here): If the day before was fun then today was CRAZY! I'll just start off with the coolest part. We saw a snake on the road and so we did the most logical thing and that was turn around and go and mess around with it. Turns out it was a copper head so y'all ready know we iced that sucka. And how you asked? We through shoes, and sticks at it until we ran it over with the mission car about 12 times. And now I am going to have a sick snake skin belt and snake chili ( I hear it tastes like fish). Oh and we also saw a toad.. frog? I don't know the difference but we saw one so yeah.

WEDNESDAY ( serious face time| ): Really today was just a ton of self reflecting and thinking about the why of all of this, and I came to realize I came out on my mission out of a fear of being my old self rather than a true love of the Lord. And that hurt to realize but I know now that it won't keep me out here. So why am I still here? Because I love the Lord.

THURSDAY (wow time just moves so quick I gotta get'r goin'): Also another serious day I guess but really I just learned something really cool, and that is the Lord accepts us the way we are but because He loves us so much he doesn't want us to stay the way we are. So in essence "Come as you are but don't expect to stay that way"

FRIDAY (This one is cool): The really cool thing about this day is we listened to an investigator named Simon talk about his twisted version of the Plan of Slavation for about an Hour and a half. It wasn't in the right order but it had all the right parts so that was super cool. I also learned that the desire to change has to come from us but how we actually change is through faith in Jesus Christ. He's like the best so why wouldn't we depend on him.

SATURDAY( THE MOST LIT DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!): Basically nothing matters because I went to a mothers day party at the church and I already knew it was going to be lit when I heard the bass from some Mexican EDM song. We ate food, danced, sang, talked about how awesome Mom's are (yeah mom's you are like the best so thank you) and we watched Hermana Wood (one of the sister missionaries in our branch, there's two) get her face shoved in cake because it was her birthday. It was probably the happiest I have been in a long time because I finally felt like I was home and so I am here to stay.

SUNDAY( MOTHER"S DAY YAY): You know it, I know it, we all know it, Mothers are just straight up the best. I know that without my Mom I for sure would not be here to tell of how much I love my mission. I had the awesome chance to skype the fam and they are doing pretty good. Something about all of these email's going onto a Blog? Inconceivable.

I learned so much from this week and I only have the determination to be better, try harder, and do my best every day. I think back to general conference to a talk by Lynn G. Robbins where he said "Success is growing from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm." No amount of investigators, lessons, or baptisms will make me successful or a failure. My Success comes from giving my all to the Lord... and that's pretty cool. 

Well I love you all and I will see y'all next week!

Elder Evans




Here, let me drop some of his zoo pictures:













So, after all of those pictures, my week went by pretty fast!  

Then on Monday the 21st we got another letter!!  

Mitchell wasn't able to Google Hangouts chat with me on the 14th.  But he happily chatted me up on the 21st. 


So, Mitchell has completed his first transfer!!  Goodbye to Elder Smith and hello to Elder Medel.  

Mitchell was really excited for all of this to go down!!  Here is his letter from the 21st:

LAST WEEK OF THE TRANSFER WOOT WOOT (the mom woot woot kind)



YO WHAT UP, ITS YA BOI. THE ONE! THE ONLY! 

Okay thats enough of that. How are y'all doing this week because I know that this week has been awesome for me. It is the last week of the transfer and wow I just flew right by. So how did it go??????? Well lets find out

LUNES (And back to spanish, y'all thought I'm a quitter.): We had a blast on P-Day. President and Sister Mansell came to hang out with us all day and that was super fun. We played kick ball, I got sun burnt, and I LEARNED HOW TO JUGGLE A SOCCER BALL. It only took me 19 years to figure it out sooo no biggie. Also After P-day was over we had the awesome chance to give a blessing to this family that we have been trying to get in contact with. It was so awesome the the Father who is a big mans man, cried. The Spirit hit me like a WWE champion ladder match so that was pretty cool.

MARTES (Ummm what even happened on this day.....):Oh yeah. I biffed it like super super hard on my bike while on an exchange with Elder Vogt and then I spent 20 minutes fixing it up. So yeah thats all I remember. Oh and we biked really far for no apparent reason so yeah. (It was something like 25 miles). So that was that day.

MIERCOLES (Wow I really suck at writing a journal, good laws): All I put is that we talked about hymns and their deeper meanings. Good job me thats real entertaining. Um... Oh yeah I went on an exchange with Elder Fukumoto and we had like hard core deep talk. Like the kinda talk that makes you stay up at night... So that was fun!

JUEVES (LET ME HEAR SPECIAL OLYMPICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!): Thats right, the whole zone had the opportunity to go and help out with the Special Olympics in Stillwater. Elder Smith and I and others helped out with the golfing part of the event. And really I have never realized until now that they are just so real with who they are and its just so cool to see the light of Christ in them. It was definitely the highlight of my week.

VIERNES(I totally missed this day sooooooooooo): I don't remember what happend so I am just going to put. We knocked a door and said things about the gospel.

SABADO (This day is pretty sweet): We spent all day and finally figured out our root problems, and after figuring it out we know what we need to work on. And also TDOC came and I found out that Elder Smith is being booted to Tulsa, the AP is dropping to be my trainer annnnnnd we are picking up a new greenie. So I will be in a trio in Spanish. Awesome

DOMINGO (LAST BUT NOT LEAST): Church was just awesome and it was super awesome because I got to hear Elder Smith's testimony and wow... I have the best companion ever. I know he is converted to the Lord and he is determined to change when he sees he is not. It was just so amazing to hear the testimony of my trainer and I just know that I am in the right place. 

Well thats it for this week I know that next transfer is going to be great and I only have high hopes for it. I love the Lord and I know He lives


Peace!

Elder Evans


PS: I ate a habanero pepper yesterday and I am dying on the inside. Please save me from this





He is doing so well!!  Here are some photos from this week: 








Let's just say that it has been a great couple of weeks!! 

If you have Mitchell's physical address in OKC, it hasn't changed this transfer.   See you next week!!

Comments

Popular Posts