Week uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... yeah that one




Hey all!!  Mitchell is doing great.  I have told him that I need more pictures and more stories of what he is doing.  He is always so happy to chat with me on Monday mornings, as I am with him.

He got his ukulele but hasn't had time to use it or learn any songs yet.  I have continued to nag him for more pictures and stories.  But he is busy doing the Lord's work and he forgets.  He did send me this hilarious video:


Mitchell with his ridiculous southern accent


Here is Mitchell and some of the missionaries in his area:



Mitchell is companions with Elder Smith (not pictured) who is the Zone Leader.  Elder Smith goes on exchanges a couple of times a week to see how the other missionaries are doing.  Mitchell has been paired up with Elder Vogt several times.  Elder Vogt an English speaking missionary so I am not exactly sure if Mitchell speaks English or if they are still looking for Spanish speaking investigators.

He said when asked about what he is eating and how the language is coming:

~They feed us super good and the Espanol is going super well. I am still struggling with saying what I want but I have taught a ton of lessons and I had to take over the area in spanish with an english elder sooo~

And then this a little bit later:


~Yeah I don't even know what I am doing half the time. I kinda just say "Church is true, wanna be baptized?"~


Anyway, we never have enough time to chat back and forth with him.  He is so busy during his computer time on P day.  He has to report to his mission president, read all of his incoming emails, chat with his Helicopter Mother, and then write his big email, the summary of the week. So, here is his email from his 8th week out on the mission, 3rd week in Oklahoma:



LEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS GO!!!!!!! another week down and you know what that means.... it means we are going to read so things that happened.

MONDAY wait LUNES: Last PDay was pretty chill. we went to a park play sports and stuff. I don't know about you but they refused to play B-Ball with me because my cross would turn their ankles to dust... and because we didn't have a basketball but mainly the first reason. We also had exchanges for the rest of this day and all of the next and let me tell you the next day was a doosy

MARTES: Wow not going to lie this day really um what is the word.... SUCKED! yeah it was awful. Every single thing that we had planned for this day just can celled and it was only when we were in the area of the "cancelie" I felt like a failure because nothing happened but I learned somthing super important. It is "Success isn't what you reap, its what you sow"

MIRACOLES: Today was Zone conference and wow I learned so much. REally what was super cool is that all of zone conference just solidified that success thing. It doesn't matter how many baptisms I have its if the person is truly converted to the lord.

THurday until now because I literally have like no time: A bunch of stuff happened. met Part member families and set them up for success. Talked with less actives and even got an investigator on track again. Really if I can leave y'all on thing it is don't feel down at the times when you are at the bottom of the hill. Failure is only when we give up.

See ya!
Elder Evans

PS
Here's a Black Mime



Well, that is the update from OKC.  Mitchell is doing great.  Thank you for all of your support!!!

Comments

Popular Posts