I ATE A COW TONGUE!!

 Well hello everyone! How is it going? 

Well ill answer you that it's been rough! Cried a little this week.... okay sooo like a lot! Its been really rough but hey thats what a mission is for. Trails are necessary misery is optional. I have been working so hard to submit my will to the lord and its been a struggle and a half. 
I arrived to the field last Wednesday and I got my companion/trainer. Her name is Hermana Talbot, super nice and works with me and helps me with my awful Spanish. We live in Henderson and our area is HUGE. Our district is over a Spanish branch and then each companionship is over a English ward. Now you are probably asking yourself.... Sister Evans what on earth is the difference between a Branch and a Ward? Welllll let me tell you. A branch is a baby ward so she is still rides with the training wheels on. No but seriously branch just means they are to small to technically be called a ward so we are hear to increase the numbers! Duhhhh  
Don't get me started on the members im already in love with this place. They are the best people and they feed us sooooo much. Do I understand them? Hahaha no. But I learn so so much after every conversation I swear. 
Okay okay the moment you are all waiting for!!!! I did eat a cow tongue . Um yeah so that's that. Jk you thought the was the end...? Okay I was at a members house and they feed us tacos and I ate like 3 of them they were so good like sooo yummy and then Hermana Castillo tells me in Spanish "ese es lengua de vaca" (translation) this is tongue of cow. JAW DROPPED. I was shocked hahaha hey you learn something everyday. 
Okay one more story. We were finding people through Facebook and I found this minister and I liked his scripture posts so I messaged him and we had a good talk and then he started telling me that I needed to repent and that I was incorrect! Like wooooahhh dang we were just talkin and chatting and then BAM! So I kindly left him on read.... 
Well anyway thats i guess all for this week, my p days are Tuesdays usually but this week is a little different so I will talk to you all next week!
Amor, 
Hermana Evans 

And now pics of course
1-2 cow 👅 tongue
3 the Castillos who fed me cow tongue 
4 Mi y mi compañera Hermana Talbot
5 Alta Vista sign which is also the name of our branch
6 Henderson at sunset








Comments

Popular Posts