ET PHONE HOME

February 22, 2021

Hey gang, how's it going on your side of the world? Oh me? Well this week will go on my list of never wanting to relive again. This week was a RUFF one *insert dog emoji*. 
Let's just start of with Monday evening of last week to catch you up to speed. I went to a members house and saw an old friend from the mission! Sister Galaz! I seriously love her more than life she is amazing and it was so good/weird to see her without the tag on. But yeah that was a pretty good day. 
Tuesday we went to Centro Hispano which is important to remember because it will be mentioned later. But Centro Hispano is a place where we have set up an optunity for all the Latinos in the valley to come and take free english classes and self reliance classes and family history. It is an amazing opportunity to help these people out, so the missionaries go and volunteer and teach the classes. Right I know what you're thinking 20 year olds teaching english, well it's for free so there's that. But yeah we went on Tuesday and did our shift and that was fun. We taught a class and let me tell you that is where I am the happiest. When I have an opportunity to talk to people and teach Sister Evans is on cloud 9. 
Wednesday I had exchanges with my sister training leader. It's just when your leader comes and you switch companions and work with a different missionary in your or their area. So that was fun a little slow but good. You always learn something from them. We switched back and I went and got Sister Franks and we went back to the apartment. Okay pay attention this is where it gets crazy. So Hna Franks are chillen and it's about 10:15pm and we get a random call and so of course we answer and say our names and quickly find out that it's the assistants to the president and they tell us that they have news. That isn't good especially when transfers aren't for another 10 days. But they tell us that Sister Franks is getting a new companion in Vista Del Norte and Me I am getting YEETED. Where you might ask? Morning Sun and Mountain Vista. A tiny area up near the temple. They say pack your bags and be out and ready by 12pm the next day. Also they said that I will be in a new calling. I am now in charge of Centro Hispano Responding/Marketing/Ads team with my new companion Sister Schone. ummm yeah so that was wednesday
Thursday woke up and finished packing and the sister came and picked me up and I said goodbye to my bestie girl Sister Franks *crying*. I arrived to my new area and immediately dove into work to distract myself. 
Friday was when it all hit me. Overwhelmed and anxiety circled me and that was when I came tumbling down like a game of Jenga. We filled the day and continued to work but I missed Vista del Norte and now I am in an area that I don't know anyone.
Saturday was better and we set up member lessons and tried to get to know our wards all while balancing Centro Hispano.
Sunday..... I fell of my bike and just wrecked my legs... so I will just leave that to you to discern how I felt. But to make it happy we talked to a guy that is not active that served in Vietnam and we set up a time to go by and visit him this week. Also there has been so many miracles and it has just been such a blessing. The one thing that has been good about this ET or emergency transfer hehe look at the title and now you get it. Was that we have contacted so many inactive members and we all know how much Hermana Evans loves her inactivos hehe I do love a challenge. They are all so amazing and I am ready to work. I have been praying so hard for work and now I have to much. Heavenly Father said "let's give her what she wants". haha we go to bed with still stuff to do and I LOVE IT!!! But yeah sorry for the roller coaster of emotions but I gotta keep ya on your toes. But I know that the only way to get through this really hard time is throught the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have someone who understands me and what I am going through. So if you're going through some stuff know that you're not alone. Jesus loves you and gospel is true.

anyway thats it Ill give ya some pics here ya go

Hermana Evans

1.SISTER GALAZ
2.Saying goodbye to sister sowards
3. The temple!! ugh so pretty





Comments

Popular Posts