Seth: 21.12.21 - Norway!!

 Hello everyone! Guess what... We made it to Norway! This last week has been wild i gotta tell yah. I will do my best to try to remember all that has happened in the past 8 days. We now have p days on Tuesdays so sorry yall who have monday p days that are out on missions kinda got the short end of the stick. Before I left the great Texas Houston South Mission, we did some really fun service for a food pantry. We were giving others orders of food that people requested. After 4-5 hours of assembling orders, we all smelled like thawed chicken and ground turkey! Turns out very little people pulled up to the drive to get food so we had to pack it all into the food pantry freezers and what not. Lot of work, but it was awesome to see so many people in need be helped. After that i went to go see Bob before I left for Norway. It was awesome to say goodbye to my friend. I will talk it a little later in  the email. Texas Houston South is the best mission! I will miss it, but there is work to fo every where around the world and God now wants me in Norway now. 

Thursday was the longest day ever. Imagine watching paint dry for 24 hours straight. Now do that with 2 fat people sitting next to you. Woah I dont have anything against fat people, it just adds to the effect. This is what it was like traveling from Texas to Norway. I woke up bright and early at 6:00 am on Thursday and headed to the mission office. I got dropped off and went to the airport. Between flying and layovers, i traveled for what seemed like an eternity. But hey I made it to Norway! We as missionaries can't do much while on planes. I couldn't read because i would get sick and I couldn't sleep. So i sat and stared at the wall for hours and did nothing like someone in a vegetative state. We pulled and well what do you know? I cant speak a lick of Norwegian. It will come along but these first few weeks are going to be rough. We have been quarantined for the past couple of days and have either been in the mission office or the apartment. Nothing too exciting has happened yet other than everywhere I go looks like it came out of a Jason Bourne movie! It looks so cool here in Norway! We went on a hike today for P day and i will upload some sweet pics. I finally have taken loads of pictures! Over I am slaughtering the language and am exhausted. But! I have never been more content with what I am for the lord. I know that god has a purpose for all of us. I know that God has called me to Texas for a reason. I found it. Bob. My good friend Bob was confirmed a member of the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints last Sunday and I left for Norway on Thursday. God has a hand in your life whether you believe in him or not. Just look!:) You will be surprised at how much he is involved with you all. I know that God loves you. I love yall and see you next week! 










Comments

Popular Posts