Seth: 8.2.2022 - Groundhogs Day!




 🎵🎵🎵I got you babe🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵I got you babe,🎵🎵🎵

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties because it's COOOLD out there today!"
"It's cold out there everyday."
Welcome welcome everyone to another weekly email by yours truly Elder Evans! "That's right, rodent lovers! It's—  Groundhog Day!" It has been Groundhogs day for days and I don't think there is going to be an end! I am going to do my best to explain why it's still groundhogs day. You guys might not believe me, but trust me, what I am going to tell you will convince you of the truth! It all began on a cold grey morning last week when one of us got Covid, and since then, every day has been the same. It is no coincidence that Groundhog's day happened last week. We have been stuck in our apartment for what feels like the same day for a week and a half. I promise today is still Groundhog's day. I never knew that this would happen to me but it did! We are stuck on the same day! You want to know how I know? Because we wake up, we prepare for the day, we do studies, we find, and we go to bed. Repeat. Never having lessons, Never meeting anyone, never seeing the sun, and never leaving the apartment. We have been quarantining because of Covid for quite some time now.
"You want a prediction about the weather? You're asking the wrong Elder Evans. I'm going to give you a prediction about this winter. It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey and it's going to last you for the rest of your lives"
 (I hope you all know that writing this email is the most fun I have had writing emails in a long time.)
In all honesty this week has been a grind! Looking back on it, it has been the hardest week in a long time. I know that the Lord is warming up for some really nice miracles in the future. Through the hours of personal study we have been doing, I studied a little Alma. In Alma Chapter 30, Alma the Younger is conversing with the anti Christ Korihor. Now Korihor is a pretty lame dude. He went around spreading lies and false doctrines about God that were frankly not true. However, because he was so convincing, many stalwart people fell from God and lost their testimonies that they once believed to be true. This is the conversation that they had - 
""43 And now Korihor said unto Alma: If thou wilt show me a sign, that I may be convinced that there is a God, yea, show unto me that he hath power, and then will I be convinced of the truth of thy words.

44 But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."
Dang... that is intense. Well, no more to say than that. Alma said it, God is real, whether you want to hide your head in the sand or not. I might add that this all knowing all powerfull being is not a despot that enjoys watching us squirm. He loves us more than we can imagine. I would invite you all to think of that throughout the rest of this week:) Have a better week!







Comments

Popular Posts