Logan: 4.22.23 Week 2!!!!

 This week has been absolutely amazing, and to prove that it has been, I have a few more pictures than last week! Crazy right? Who'd have thought? Well, after seeing how long it took me to write my last email, and because of how long it takes to read it, this time we'll go for the sparks notes version and save all of us some time. Also, because I am absolutely terrible at organization, just remember that most of this I'm pulling from my journal (hint: you guys should start journaling. You never kow if you want to remember the little moments and save them for later).


Sunday: I went to church! It was awesome beacuse it was the last fast and testimony meeting that I would have with my home ward. Being a missionary I went up and shared my testimony with everyone, and the biggest thought that I shared was "one more day." This exellent advice was given to me by my family. Essentially if I go about every day on my mission thinking about the whole two years, then I won't make it. However, I know that I can do tomorrow, and after that maybe the day after. And if I do that enough times then I'll be home free. After church I went home and watched some disney movies with my family, which was nice.

Monday was really standard. The only things of mention that I had written in my journal were that classes went to 9 pm because we were learning possesives in spanish, and that my eyes hurt the whole day because I got terrible sleep. So it must have been a good day. Seriousy though, this week felt a whole lot more managable when compared to last week. I know that's gonna change pretty soon with me moving to Mexico for a little while, and then again when I move to California, but "We haven't come this far only to go this far."

Tuesday followed the same pattern, though I did watch a devotional that inspired a new type of magic I'm working on, for all those interested. Again, I stayed up way too late and it seems to me that from my half page journal entry and slanted handwriting that I was pretty tired.

Wednesday was really fun. My classes and studies were the same -- who could've guessed :| -- but I did have a really profound experience. I've prayed about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and, by extension, the prophet Joseph Smith before. But something that I hadn't considered is that, like plants, our testimonies need constant nourishment and growth, part of that is praying to know of its truth. So when I prayed on Wednesday I got the overwhelming feeling that the things of which I was learning and teaching are true. I promise you that as you read the Book of Mormon, and not just read it as you would any other book, but earnesty read and ponder its words, and pray in sincerety to know of its truth, you will recieve an answer.

Thursday was special because I got to talk to my dad about his journey back to being an active member of the church. His journey is inspiring and truly one of a kind, so just know that he is a great example, not only for me, but for any who have strayed off the path and are looking for their way back. I also went over my patriarhcal blessing, and while I was reading it I realized that parts of the blessings I was prmoised had already been fulfilled. I can't say the same for others reading their patriarchal blessings, but it was crazy to see that Heavenly Father was already holding up his end of the deal. It makes sense, He's literally a God of his word, but it was great to see his hand so visible in my life.

Yesterday was awesome, and my second to last day in the online MTC. My classes were super fun, and we learned how to bear a more personal testimony in Epañol, (check out my facebook for more details) which was really tough, but worth it. Other than that, and some awesome afternoon classes, the day was reletively normal. I watched Cinderella with my parents after my classes, and I'm not afraid to admit that I was smiling like a fool the entire time. I really jazzed with their message, that being, "Have courage and be kind, always." It really struck me as something that I would need to follow while trying to share the gospel with others.

Anyways, that's all for now folks. I don't have a pday next week becuase I'm traveling to mexico, but I will talk to yall on the Friday two weeks from now. Also stay tuned for A Call to Adventure! The next part of that should be comming out on my next pday!

I love you to bits and pieces! Take care, and enjoy these pictures!!!

(A little bit of clarification: Elder Swift is the curly haired bloke, and my dad and I thought he looked like the three triplets from Brave)








Comments

Popular Posts