Seth: July 28, 2021- Week 1 - Becoming a Missionary

 Hola Como Estas mi amigos! Sorry, wrong language. I'm supposed to be speaking Norwegian instead of spanish. I think I have been in the wrong class. It is so great to address you all for the first time! Today is my 3rd day in my missionary training. I am currently operating out of the Eldste Evans MTC located in my bedroom. To be completely honest I haven't seen the light of day for 3 days. I might be rotting into my chair. Honestly the MTC is probably the hardest thing I have done so far in my life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I knew from the moment I started the MTC that this is where the lord wants me to be. 

I got to meet my companion on the first day and am excited to get to know him better. His name is Eldste Nielson and he is from Lehi, Utah. After going to school at BYU Provo for a year, he decided to serve a mission. I'm blessed with a companion who is eager to work and will put up with me at any hour of the day. He is smart and loves to play basketball which is going to be rough because I can't shoot a hoop or dribble to save my life. There are 8 total missionaries in my district (me included) with 3 Søsters and 5 Eldstes. One thing that was pointed out is that everyone in my district will be going to Norway just like me. I am meeting people now that I will see in the Mission field. 
Attached below are a couple of pictures of The Eldste Evans MTC, and probably my favorite picture of a1950's NASA Scientist caught in 2021. I bought a pair of blue light glasses to help prevent my brain from exploding all over the place while I stare at a screen for a thousand hours a day. They prevent headaches but they make me look like George Mcfly from Back to the Future 3.





Comments

Popular Posts