18.08.2021 Norwegian Norwegian Norwegian!!

 Hello brothers and sisters!! I am excited to share with you that I survived the first week in Norwegian only. My companion and I taught a lesson on the second day of Norwegian only. Man oh Man was it tough. It went way better than we expected but we have so much to learn. I know that teaching people is only a piece of missionary work. We are to be as Christ is: Loving, serving, helpful, nice, etc. There are a million ways to be like Christ. I invite you all to pick a christlike attribute and work on it. 

I had probably a once in a life time experience this week. In one of my night classes, one of the sisters wasn't on. I didn't think anything of it because we have had a couple of missionaries fly out to work on their visas like I did. I am going to be honest I was not having this class. I was bogged down by the work that we were doing and just wanted the class to get over or get better. The lord must have heard a prayer that I never said because about 30 minutes in, Sister Osmond joined our zoom call with 8 people with Elder Gary E Stevenson. THE APOSTLE. Man oh man did my attitude flip 180 degrees. I went from an all time low, to this spiritual high. Turns out that Sister Osmond's father is the Stake President of her stake. Elder Stevenson visited their stake and had dinner with her family. He joined our zoom for about 15 minutes and bore his testimony to us about the importance of bearing testimonies at all times and in all places. It was truly one of the coolest things that had ever happened to me. 
Lastly, My Grandma had her birthday party this week and it was so fun! I got to meet with my extended family and chat with them about what is going on in their lives. I really am going to miss them while I serve the lord and the children of our Heavenly Father. I know that my sacrifice will be worth it as I invite others to come unto Christ. In the MTC I have 3 weeks down 3 and to go!






Comments

Popular Posts