Seth: Week 3 - Alt er på Norsk!!

 Forgive me for writing this on a thursday! The MTC keeps you so busy that if you do not write down what you need to do, you will probably forget it. So here I am scrabbling to write my emails in the morning on a thursday! This week was super hectic, and there was a lot that went on. Last week on Friday, I flew out to San Francisco to turn in my visa application for Norway. The appointment went perfectly. I turned in all the papers I needed and I barely passed the criminal background check. They ran my finger prints while I sat and panicked about all the crimes I have done. Turns out that number is 0. Friday consisted of sitting in airports for hours, so I could sit in an airplane, so that I could sit in a car, and finally sit at the VFS for my application. Then I did that On the way home too. Who knew sitting was so exhausting!!.

Fast forward to Tuesday, I went to the temple to take out my endowment. It was awesome!! I learned so much and the spirit I felt there was almost tangible that you could scoop it out of the air. That temple visit answered so many of my questions, but at the same time I now have even more questions. You can not learn everything in one temple visit. That is why we all need to go back as many times as possible. It is a lifetime of learning and growing. Each temple visit will expand your knowledge more if you allow it to.
Yesterday on Wednesday (the day I was supposed to be writing this email...oops), We made the switch to English 90/10 Norwegian. Man, it's so tough! I am just sitting in class just absolutely clueless as to what my teachers are saying. It doesn't help that I can't even understand the words that I do know when the other people in my district start saying them. It was a real humbling experience. I know that the gift of tongues is real, however it is not a destination, it is a journey. Every day I learn so many new words and how to pronounce them. I know that the lord has blessed me with the gift of tongues, however, I need to give my absolute all in learning the language. I know at the end of the MTC when I look back at myself now, I will be shocked to realize how much I have grown in the gospel and in the language. I know that reading the scriptures and asking Heavenly Father for help, that He will bless you in all aspects of your life. He loves all of his children and wants the very best for them, for you! I invite you all to study the scriptures and pray everyday. I know that doing so will bless you in your schooling, work, relationships with people, and hobbies. As it promises in 2 Nephi 32: 9, the Lord will consecrate thy performance if you pray and study His word. 
Have a wonderful week!


Comments

Popular Posts