19.04.2022 - Easter!

 Hello Everyone! This week was sick! it was easter! The norwegians here go ham on Easter so that is kinda sick. They have Easter break on most businesses and schools so everyone is at home or at their cabins. We were able to visit with a couple of members and it was so sick! One of the members here in oslo is an animal of a missionary. He invited us over for dinner and didn't even tell us that he also invited one of his friends that he thinks is interested. We pull up and turns out his friend invited another friend. We were able to bring up the Gospel and talk about it with him. It was great! We invited his friend to the language we have running here. There has been a lot of success from it. To the credit of the sisters, our language cafe is the best in the mission! The members are there to teach while we just talk to the people. There have been so many miracles from it. Already we have people coming to church and choosing to take the lessons from it. I am so excited to see how it goes. 

We were able to go to Elder Milne's family again yesterday which was really cool! who else gets to hang out with their aunts and uncles on their missions?! So it went well. When the spirtual thought was shared, we really felt the spirit as we talked about seeing God in the small and simple things. There was a video shown about a man on the search for truth. He found God eventually from a prayer over the hotdogs at a barbeque. If you guys can find the video, it is really good. Overall this is what I have learned from the celebration of Jesus Christ's Ressurection. 1st - it actually happened. 2nd - God actually is there and wants to help. We can't sit around and expect Heavenly Father to do all of the work. 3rd I learned that I need to treat our Heavenly Father as 1st and foremost the God of the whole universe and more, but I need to actually grow a relationship with him. I need to Grow my relationship with His Son Jesus Christ. At first glance it is kind of a wierd thought. "A relationship with someone I can't see or hear?  I have a hard time growing a relationship with my family and friends already!" I know that the lord has given us so many ways to do it. "If you love me, keep my commandments." "If ye are in the service of others ye are only in the service of your God" and "Ask and ye shall receive" Wjen we serve others, keep Gods commandments, and then talk to him through prayer, God will manifest himself unto us. Before he does we have to be humble and ready for the answer. My friend from the video found God in a hotdog prayer. Try to find God in something unexpected. He is there. I find him again and again in all sorts of things when I open my eyes. That's pretty cool. 
I hope you guys have a great rest of your week!


Pictures of President and Sister.Montague
Also President shined our shoes which was pretty sick. He is the Best! If you run into him today, say happy birthday because his birthday was yesterday! Best person ever! 









Comments

Popular Posts