24.05.2022 Transfers!!

 Well well well guess who is back again for another weekly email. Its me again! How are yall doing? The last few weeks have gone really well! It has been a MINUTE since I have sent one of these emails. Last week was 17 of May, Norway's Constitution day, which is like the 4th of July on steroids. Never in my life have I seen so many people at once. I'll talk about it a little bit later, but this past week was transfers! Okay well everyone else got to get transferred and Elder Milne and I get to stay and party it up in the office! We received 4 new missionaries from the states and lost 2 old missionaries. It was sad to see the old ones go but the show must go on! This past week has been super busy and we have had literally a negative amount of opportunities to do missionary work! I see a light at the end of the tunnel though and we will get enough time to go out and find people that want Jesus. Elder Milne and I have responsibility over all the cars, housing, finances, Missionary travel, and any other miscellaneous items for the whole mission. Isn't it crazy that the Lord just trusts kids to do adult responsibilities? I think it is. 

Last week was 17th of May. in norwegian they just call it syttende av mai which is kinda like 4th of July. I have attached some pictures down below but in short we partied harder than any other missionary could have, or should have for that matter. In Oslo, the capital of Norway, they have a huge 5 hour long kid parade where all of the schools get together and march toward the palace. they wave to the king and he sits there up on the palace waving back. I bet his arm got tired after a while! We had tons of ice cream and hotdogs and hung out with some of Elder Milnes family that lives here in Oslo. It was a party and I don't remember most of it. 
Over the past two weeks we have been working with a couple of our friends and trying to help them learn more. We had a really cool experience with a man named Kushal. He comes from India and he has never read in the bible or the book of mormon before. We went on a walk on a trail and just talked about religion for like an hour. We gave him a book of mormon and testified to him that the answers to all the questions in this life will come as a result of studying that book. It dawned on me that the Book of Mormon does not contain all the knowledge that God has in store for us, but it contains everything we need now. It contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that to be true. I also know that reading the Book of mormon brings us closer to God and that means more joy. Our Heavenly Father is not only all knowing, all powerful, and all present through the holy ghost, it is all joyful. He has the most joy of any person we know. He has laid out a groundwork for how we achieve that level of happiness, and it is only found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You can find that in the Book of Mormon, and in the living prophets teachings today. This joy comes at a price, which is perfection. However Jesus Christ was perfect for us and paid the debt for our sins and mistakes. Because of that we don't have to be perfect to come back to heavenly father. We do however have to try our best and always improve. Over an eternity of improvement, one day we will reach that perfection. Improving means to repent. They are one and the same word. I have learned that If I want to repent, I have to improve and be better, and if I want to improve, I must rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, which is to repent. I know that all of you can have this joy if you consistently read from the Book of Mormon and by applying its teachings. Besides, the Book of mormon is fun to read! Am I right or what? I hope all of you have a fantastic week! See you next time!










Comments

Popular Posts