Liesel 1.3.22 A broken heart and a contrite spirit!

 Hey Hey gang gang what's poppin? It's your favorite girl Hermana Evans!! How have you been?? How is everything in the real world? 

Me? Fine twist my arm I'll tell you how I am doing! This week was an odd one but hey when you have semi harder weeks that is when you can feel closer to the Lord and understand the Atonement that he did for you! 

We found this really cool family last Sunday and they all just want to learn more about the Gospel and they just wanted to come to church. So then we had some problems come up in the plan and our church got canceled because well…. Everyone has Covid here in Vegas. We'll everyone but me and my comp lol. So they canceled church and we were like oh crap what are we going to do?? So we invited them to the nearest english church and it was actually right across the street from them. THEY CAME!! it was so cool. They only spoke Spanish and well so guess who had to translate in her semi average Spanish. Yep that's me! So I translated as best as I could, I was very grateful for all the old ladies that talked really slow in their testimonies. Hahaha lol! But they have the cutest little 5 year old that would not sit still obviamente and so my companion distracted her while I translated. 

But this week was full of ups and downs and the Lord was at the center of it. I have never been so close to my Savior and his Atonement. He really is aware of us and that is a promise! One of the songs that kept coming to my was "be still my soul" 

3.Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on

When we shall be forever with the Lord,

When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,

Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.

Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,

All safe and blessed we shall meet at last."


All is going to be okay. Although it's really hard right now and you may feel lost and not know what you believe or your plans are for 5 down the road one thing that is solid and unchanging is the love the Savior has for you. This never leaves. In my darkest points of life and feeling lost and alone I realize that I am never alone. Look for where he is talking to you instead of when you feel like he isn't talking to you. If you listen carefully you will find the ways he is guiding you through people's actions towards you and through thoughts and music. One way to tell that the spirit is talking to you is by paying attention to it. But how do I know if it's the spirit? Good question! 

Moroni 7:13

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

And there you go thats how you tell that the spirit is talking to you and helping you! How crazy is that!? Still really difficult but it definetly narrows down the thoughts to good and bad! 

You got! 

All is good here in the NLVM mission you know the best one in the world! 

Pray for your enemies and serve the needy! God loves you and so do I! 

Hermana Evans 






Comments

Popular Posts