Seth: 18.10.21 No more Gandolf the Great!

 Good morning yall! It has already been one transfer! As I look back to all of the fun times I had, i realize how rewarding missionary work can be! I am not going to lie, my weekly emails kinda suck. I have been chewed out by like 10 people. But I want to tell you all that you have been a part of an experiment. I have been gathering data for the past 6 weeks to see what would happen if I sent the driest emails of all time. Turns out, the experiment was an absolue success. Nevermind the fact that it took very little effort to run this study on my end. (writing an email in 3 minutes. haha) so as i have reviewed the data, i have learned so much. I learned that my test subjects A) want a good email B) want some nice pictures. So I will be making some necessary adjustments. Haha


This week was a great one. I have failed to mention my good friend Bob. When I first met him, I thought he was insane. But as we meet with him every week, he seems less and less crazy. There are two possiblities. Either he is getting less crazy/was never crazy in the first place. Or I am going to need to be in a psych ward by the end of this new transfer because i am going insane. Bob is a 65 year old Christian. We have him on the ropes. He is so ready to be baptized. We must wait before we can put him on date but we know he is ready to be. He has told us some really suprising things.
He has the original KFC chicken recipe. He told us that there were originally 14 spices but now they use 7. The other 7 spices didnt make much difference. But Bob says he has the original 14 because it tastes better.
He has fosters all over the world: methodists, catholics, baptists, jews, prodistants, mormons, etc. They are all successful millionaires.
He washes his dishes in his bathtub. I wouldnt say wash, more like rinse. I havent seen him use soap and his dishes are nasty. OH and he loves feeding us. We have had some rather interesting meals with bob. On the flip side, Bob is the nicest most Christian like person I know.
My trainer Elder Belnap is going home. We dropped him off yesterday at the mission office and said our goodbyes. Yesterday we lost a legend in the THSM. A true wizard. He could find anyone. But the show must go on. My good friend Elder Curtis brought up a great analogy. Elder Belnap was basically Gandolf in the heros journey. We lost him yesterday but Elder Fromm and I must go on. We must do the work without him. He has trained us well and we know how to follow in the footsteps of a true legend. We are going to miss him, but people need Jesus Christ in their lives, so the show must go on.
I am so excited for this next new transfer. Elder Fromm and I are staying in good the O'l Mac G. District. Gangster town. I know God loves us. As it says in Romans 8: 38-39 
     "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 It tells us that nothing can seperate us from thr love of God. And as any loving Father would do, he expects a lot from us. He knows what is best and promises that what ever we are going through, it will be for our benefit. We must put our faith in him that it will all work out. See yall next week!

 





Comments

Popular Posts